Punish players who disconnect early

I’m tired of playing aurics and maelstroms and seeing people DC after being downed once. Once someone’s in a mission, they should be dedicated to it. Players need some kind of matchmaking cooldown or other punishment for frequent disconnects.

5 Likes

These servers ain’t reliable enough for this to be feasible. And then there’s a player’s own potential connection or modding problems. Even without all that I think this is still a bad idea.

9 Likes

No one does really own anyone anything in a videogame. If a person decides that they want to stop playing for whatever reason, be it emergencies, unwillingness to play with a current party etc, they should be able to do it. There isn’t anything competitive or at stake in the game, so there isn’t any reason to issue any sort of penalties in my opinion.

4 Likes

Maybe they’re tired of people not playing as a team? Maybe they don’t like rushers in Auric? Maybe there’s a couple underpowered and under-leveled players going down every 20 seconds…

While some people just have thin skin there’s plenty of reasons to decide not to play with a bunch of knobs. This would be a super bad feature IMO.

5 Likes

Redirect your anger to fatshart for those stupid penances

4 Likes

I want it to be generous. Not some “disconnect once and I will curse your entire bloodline” thing, but make it so that repeat offenders at least lose SOMETHING. It’s not fun for anyone else when a player DCs because they went down, and now you’re fully down a player because the bots are worthless and nobody’s backfilling.

If someone DCs due to a game crash or network error, then I think it’s fine as long as they reconnect - even if they choose not to, it should count far less for a penalty.

No, thank you. I personally sometimes have to disconnect early for a variety of reasons.

For example:

1. Connection problems.
  2. Emergencies.
  3. Game crashes.
  4. Toxic parties.
  5. Work calls.

Do I deserve to be punished for disconnecting early due to any of those reasons?

7 Likes

I blame the auric/maelstrom penances for the huge uptick in this sort of thing.

4 Likes

It is also worth considering such cowards who try to save the situation by re-entering the game… I confess, yesterday I became downright shameless and re-entered the mission 5 times, even though it took 45 minutes, but we still managed to pass it. I’m still ashamed.
But in terms of punishment, it’s unlikely and is more likely to be harmful, and knowing how sharks handle everything here, if they do impose a punishment - we will then ask them to remove it.

If someone leaves and rejoins they should come back in the state they left, eg downed. If someone leaves and a different person joins the current system is fine. Still somewhat abuseable but much less so. Simple as.

1 Like

Why do you care? You will get a bot and someone will fill the spot fairly quickly. If someone doesnt want to continue playing its their choice. It’s game, if they arent having fun they have every right to leave.

5 Likes

This is the biggest issue of what you propose OP. Since the new update I’ve been getting errorcodes 2014, 2007, 3013, 9999 etc. seemingly at random intervalls. Some days it’s nothing, some days I can’t finish a single game.

The shtstorm would be unreal, if FS punished people that got disconnected because of unreliable servers lol

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.