Players intentionally leaving matches

I just recently finished a match the other day where two people left the match intentionally, and it was incredibly frustrating because they took both of the med packs that we had found with them, which made the other surviving two of us struggle a bit.
I really think there should be a penalty for people intentionally leaving matches, like a 30 minute ban or something.
Course with how bad some of the connection issues are still, may not be the best idea.
Furthermore if someone leave a match for WHATEVER REASON, they should drop the item they were carrying, because otherwise it can really screw over the rest of the team.

Actually, the solution would be to have the bot replacing the disconnected player to keep carrying whatever they had on them (like in Vermintide 2), but in Darktide you canā€™t even order the bot to perform actions such as ā€œtake this object on the groundā€ (that the disconnected player dropped), ā€œDrop grimoireā€ or ā€œuse your ammo/medā€ (admittedly this one is missing in both games)ā€¦

And no, Iā€™m completely against temporary bans / punishments for leaving players: I donā€™t want (or ever wanted anyone) to be punished for whatever reason in a non-competitive Co-op PvE game, thatā€™s some LoL toxicity level of BS.

5 Likes

Weird when I disconnect or leave any packs I am carrying just drop where I last was and a Bot appears next to the nearest player still in. Scrips sometimes drop and grims always disappear. And the scrips when they disappear itā€™s a bug. I think your game glitched.

Bots hold on to grimoires but drop scriptures, medi-packs and ammo crates. But they drop it where they were when the game finally catches up on the disconnect and if youā€™re far away enough the bot teleports to you, seeming like the medi-pack disappeared.

2 Likes

nah they probably crashed as this game crashes constantly

3 Likes

lol imagine starting to ban/timeout people for crashing when the game is less stable than joaquin phoenix with green hair. like ā€˜hereā€™s some salt for that gaping wound sir.ā€™ ffs

3 Likes

Nah they probably left because they didnā€™t think team was good enough to make it.

Punishing would further discourage player base already on decline.

ban timers

2 Likes

i sometimes have dc with no option to come back to game just character selection.