Psyker ults

Kinda feeling like scriers gaze and venting shriek both pale in comparison to bubble

gaze needs to be ramped up to provide it’s full benefits and synergizes very poorly with peril generating weapons (some of which really like crit, and would otherwise work well with it). It also doesn’t synergize all that well with non peril generating weapons because you have to switch to your blitz to vent your peril in order to keep gaze up longer for ramp up

venting shriek is good at saving yourself and staggers a few enemies every 30 seconds, but doesn’t really do much else. Creeping flames is mildly useful I guess, the other two traits are silly

meanwhile bubble provides toughness regen, protection from shooting, toughness damage reduction, protection from grenades and fire, and sometimes even staggers muties and other specials (seems inconsistant) - with only 10s longer cooldown

also psyker tree in general feels pretty uninspired, you basically just always take the same stuff cause there arent that many choices

1 Like

Shriek with flames kills an unlimited number of horde mobs, through walls, while providing a defensive knockback and a utility peril dump. You’re missing out if you ignore it.

Scrier’s is the basis of the gunpsyker meta. Not for everyone and still the #1 cause of me overextending but very powerful.

Dome is amazing with the sniper modifier but it is the ult I use the least. I also feel as though I see the doorway version more often in aurics but that could be my imagination.

9 Likes

All psyker ults good.

Shriek is good to smite builds and purge builds

Gaze is scriers psyker option and its VERY good, but depends on how player manage peril

Bubble also good as support, and even attack if u stack 2 shields with nodes on fast bb cast and psyonics

Psyker in terms of ults are way better than veterans where exist GODLIKE central ability that grants space, stagger, gold toughness.

3 Likes

theyre all good. gaze lets you crap out damage, vent lets you crap out aoe damage and conveniently you never mentioned double walls which also let you crap out stupid amounts of brainbursts

5 Likes

Gaze allows you to do the highest amount of burst DPS in the game depending on the gun you use. It is far from bad. Probably my favorite talent in the game after fury of the faithful.

Bubble/wall mostly shines with a subpar team or gunner heavy situations with little to no cover.
No need for that if most things die before they can become dangerous. It’s something I never pick, because it’s useless to me¯_(ツ)_/¯

Vent is also great for staff DPS usage and horde clear.

9 out of 10 times when people make threads like these they have no idea how to properly utilize the builds they are crying about.

5 Likes

incorrect

6 Likes

Dome is the one i use the least. Shriek with proper use can clear entire screen worth of trash and heavily weaken other enemies, not to mention the utility of peril dumping and giving strong on demand knockbak.
Gaze has many silly interactions nowadays that make it far from useless. Sure its mostly used in gun psyker builds but it really does excel there.

I agree but I would word it differently

Venting and Shriek are both strong ults that if you build around them you deal more dmg.

But nothing in game comes even remotely close to the usefulness of bubble.
It doesnt matter if its meta or not, if the game puts you in an arena with f-ckall cover and spawns 80-20 ranged to melee enemies.
No non-selfish ultimate, grenade, passive or weapon (except ogryn shield) is going to help you.

Shriek or vent makes numbers go bigger
Bubble wins you the game

This ofc doesnt apply to solo people, this

2 Likes

Went back and tested based on feedback - I was using shriek wrong, didn’t realize it was a giant ass cone. With creeping flames it definitely seems powerful.

As for scriers, I’m sure that it probably does offer the most dps - maybe I just wasnt trying a build to utilize that effectively. When I use it I usually dont notice a significant change in breakpoints for most weapons because relying on the ramp up can be iffy. What kinds of weapons do you guys run scriers on?

All that said, I feel like I still have to stand by bubble for being useful not only to the psyker but the entire team. They DID just nerf shooters, though…

9 Likes

I respect your approach.

I would say that it depends on your mentality. Bubble will protect you from the danger, the other ults make you the danger :wink:

1 Like

Gunpsyker. Mainly columnus mk5 or recon las 2. Flak + crit chance perk. Apropriate damage blessings. Stack crit and damage talents. Crit chance aura. Get the soulblaze on elite kill talent. Get bb with the talent that auto applies bb on hit every 10 seconds.

You are now made of superpaper and deal insane damage. Enjoy.

Bit of a cheeky fix there :stuck_out_tongue:

Jokes aside. Bubble is useful for less skilled teams, yes. But the most useful skill is deleting enemies before they can become a danger.

2 Likes

Dome’s main value to me is its on the middle, and it lets you totally disregard and disrespect Beast of Nurgle at all times which is great because that boss has needed a redesign into fun ever since they revealed him in 2022. Aside from that I might toss it out like a life preserver to the clueless people fighting in a tox cloud and it lingers unused most of the game.

Gaze is great and creeping flames shout is disgusting, I don’t even know why they bothered with the other side node that just does damage. I wish that was an enhanced staggering ability instead, oh well. A totally underrated use of Gaze is just to use melee, psyker weapons are very strong in crits and crits also afford you lots of toughness with mettle. And super speed with that single node investment.

1 Like

This is the point I agree with. Dome is the best “UH OH” button. It can fix a team’s mistake and give a lot of breathing room. But it becomes completely unnecessary if no mistake was made in the first place. Its value drops quickly in competent teams.

I would say that Dome’s value is solo QP is very high, since you never know what kind of team you can get.

1 Like

I play almost exclusively in solo quickplay, which may have lead to me being more domepilled than normal

5 Likes

This is a valid reason for Dome supremacy. Some pugs can’t function without it and I don’t always want to feel like I have to solo carry when I don’t bring it and they don’t know how to use cover.

But as others have said, outside of that situation, I much prefer my Scrier’s Gaze gunker build.

1 Like

Scry makes you unable to take staves, and if I want to be worse veteran with worse ammo economy - that also makes it worse for everyone on the team… to have couple seconds of bonus crit and dmg, then sure I would take scryers

Vent is good cuz it makes you shoot staves / blitz even more.
But the number 1 problem of DT is ranged enemies spam, in melee combat if you are good you can dance alot. Ranged combat forces you to c-ncer perma slide and tahts it.

Bubble creates a pocket of actual space where you can fight, instead of just running.

As I said before, all 3 ults are good. Vent and Shriek if you play around them offer nice dmg boosts.
However the number of times bubble turns a doomed run to victory is just more than other 2

I can’t believe how wrong you are. Scrier’s has basically 100% uptime when you play it on auric due to the elite density cdr. Your damage output is also leagues above a vets due to all the crit damage you can stack. Vet has more conditional dmg increases but gunpsyker is higher consistently. I wish people would stop talking about builds they have zero experience with.

Ammo economy is debateable, yes.

Not from my experience. Most bubble players I’ve seen just spam smite when in their bubble. They’re basically useless when on their own. A scrier/vent psyker can clutch, if he’s skilled enough.

As other people have said before. Bubble is for pubbing/playing with inexperienced players. The other two are for clearing screens with a well paced team or solo.

4 Likes

Scrier’s gang rise up!

There’s dozens of us, dozens!

2 Likes

Bubble>everything

1 Like

All I can say is you should play more. :smile:

The psyker tree is full of stuff I use all the time, and I’ve spent a ton of time experimenting on about everything in there. But it’s way too complicated to start summing up in detail.

Vent & Creeping Flames gives you a 1-button nuke that kills all horde & snipers at 80%+ peril, through the map, while managing your peril and providing a ton of synergies with talents like Perilous Combustion. It also opens up bulwarks & deals with anything that needs staggering like a bunch of oggies in your face - which the shield does not.

Scrier’s main thing then isn’t the stacking buffs but everything else. The instant access to +20% crit with Empathic Evasion & Anticipation, along with stuff like Perfect Timing and the many crit blessings provides you with on-demand range immunity and an extreme dmg increase. Its movespeed buff supercharges your positioning letting you easily reposition for cover, dodge ranged, or outmaneuver enemies as you like. Even the increasing buffs from its base bonus and/or Precog are as much about their synergies with Warp Rider & Warp Nexus due to the peril increase.

All in all Scrier’s many bonuses have been very well designed to push you past several breakpoints on basically any weapon, uniquely transforming them from 2-3 hit killers to 1-hitters against many enemies depending on those buffs, which ofc. means an order of magnitude faster kill rates in practice.

All 3 ults are popular and well used for a good reason. Ironically the shield and especially its bubble variant is the safe choice favored by new players because it’s so easy to make use of as opposed to the others. Nothing wrong with that ofc, it’s a very good ult and your team will love you for it.

5 Likes