Psyker Peril FX

Why was Psyker’s peril sound reduced so much? I thought it was fantastic sound design for the psyker. It sounded amazing and helped me keep track of the meter without actually looking at it. It might have been too loud for some people, but the screech is basically non-existent now. Why remove it entirely?

5 Likes

I would love a setting to be able to alter the SFX/Visual effects for Psyker, it’s very disorienting in long play sessions, especially in scenarios where you have to chain-cast BB.

Ideally they’d add a slider for it, or just for all effect sounds in general. I personally like the chaos that comes with the constant screeching.

1 Like

I like it much better the way it is now. Before it was just annoying, especially in a game where sound cues are really important.

1 Like

I was just about to make a post for this before I found this thread. I absolutely loved the inclusion of that noise and if any Fatshark employees see this, please add the option to make the sound louder or quieter. Might have to start a new thread just to add more support for the idea, but it was a really awesome inclusion that I hope comes back.

1 Like

the sound was too overwhelming twice louder and more booming than Sienna’s in VT2, if they decide to touch it again it should be an option to remove completely, lower it or put it louder. Playing any sort of high peril build completely destroyed the game’s ambiance and sound design, you could hear enemy soundcues fine but the OST, ambiance and any other game noise was drowned in constant screaming

1 Like

Agree. Make it an option to increase or reduce the effect. I want the full effect when I play, i want chaos nibbling at my heels when i reach 100% peril.