Psyker Deflector Blessing Not Working During Reviving Allies

Issue Description:
Psyker Force Sword Deflector Blessing Not Working During Reviving Allies

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Play any mission as Psyker equipped with any force sword with deflector blessing.
  2. Wait for an ally to get downed.
  3. Try to revive ally while blocking with any force sword with deflector.
  4. Observe Deflector do nothing as ranged minions damage you through deflector during reviving ally.
  5. Sad that deflector doesn’t work for one of its main purposes.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
4/4/2023 1pm PST

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
Easily reproduced.

Upload Console Log:
console-2023-04-04-15.55.29-3d750e44-b138-4fd4-88c2-613b3f26ba4f.log (1.8 MB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (607.0 KB)

1 Like

It was changed to intentionally not work while reviving literally months ago.

So to clarify deflector doesn’t work outside of front arc. It also doesn’t work while reviving an ally. It also doesn’t work against snipers. The description should say “Can block weak ranged attacks sometimes.”

Your weapon isn’t active while you’re reviving that’s why it doesn’t work in that scenario. Snipers are an exception I find wholly intuitive frankly.

That doesn’t make sense. Then how are you blocking melee attacks? With your hands?

Does your weapon’s block stats not work during reviving?

1 Like

I don’t believe it does no. You may have noticed your stamina bar size doesn’t match your weapon when reviving. Same thing happened to Ogryn shield too. Reviving is a unique state, I think it only factors in relevant feats and curio bonuses.

I’m not 100% on those details though, it’s possible it does actually factor in weapon bonus stamina and block efficiency perks :person_shrugging:

Sniper blocking is actually allowed and will block break with no extra stamina or block efficiencies, but when you use Kinetic Deflection this somehow stops working at all. That much is a bug, anyway. Extra stamina is god on Psyker so you can straight up not run kinetic, you can revive like nuts with just +stamina on a curio and a staff.

3 Likes

Is the kinetic deflection not blocking sniper shots a known bug?

Yes. Pretty sure it’s been reported and given the acknowledged tag.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.