Psyker and Zealot got shafted

Please revert the changes you made to Psyker and Zealot barring the bug fixes like psyker being able to abuse 100% peril. Both feel quite lethargic compared to what they used to be. Both classes have been heavily stunted, presumably by the complaints of people who cannot complete difficulty 3 or higher. The psyker being able to cast twice and the much slower peril venting really hurts the class at higher levels of play, not to mention that the force sword generating peril now makes it much harder to work with given its low cleave and is a worse tool to manage hordes than the catachan blade you start with. Not to mention the penances, Christ alive with the nerf to brain burst’s damage how the hell do you expect us to get the storm witches raiment without an extra 5-10 minute coordinated effort mid mission. the changes severely disincentivize playing well and managing your peril to be effective at all ranges as a high skill ceiling class, and now unless I hang out in back line I feel like I’m I’ll equipped to handle threats. I played up to difficulty 5 in the closed beta, never beat it, only beat 4 once or twice, now I struggle on 3’s in pubs. I cannot imagine trying to clear a 4 or 5 as psyker right now. Please re-balance and revert these changes FS!

3 Likes

The only thing Psyker needed was to tone down his BB spam. This could be done by tons of different little tweaks first like increase cost, introducing charges and cooldown etc. Instead they massacred whole class.

Zealot the same. Perfectly working, good class (low HP design is still not best idea but his toughness regen was making it work in Closed Beta), great gameplay flow and now it’s just worse Veteran with forever cooldown on now weak ult making him just terrible to play.

I will say that again and again, as I have no other power here than leaving feedback: if something works fine and people love it: don’t touch it too much, don’t mess it, and if you want to do something first do it little by little and check feedback before hammering absolutely horrible changes accross the board.

3 Likes

idk I havnt palyed before and Zealot feels pretty good :slight_smile:

Oh, really? We must play different early-beta then:

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/zealot-feels-quite-anaemic-compared-to-cbt-in-part-due-to-engaging-ai-in-melee-and-in-part-due-to-career-skill-changes/55882/10

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/enemies-within-enemies-without-zealot-passive-not-working/55714/4

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/martyrdom-stacks-are-bugged-plus-ui-is-still-bugged-for-it/55401/7

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/further-zealot-bugs/56015

These kind of changes require multiple people to approve it. All the CBT feedback, the hundreds of fantastic memes by a community that loves fat shark and the 40k IP, countless discord/forum posts etc. This feels like someone with power with no idea about game design or the setting of the game wanted these changes to happen. I can’t think of any logical reason as to why the game was changed in such a drastic way from the CBT.

1 Like

Personally even in the closed beta I didn’t feel like the force sword was a compelling weapon and neither was the staff because it generated too much peril. What Psyker needs to complement brainburst is not another elite killing utility but a horde killing utility. Nerfing BB and FS basically makes it so that both aren’t worth using at all and if both aren’t worth using then the entire class is not worth playing. I can only imagine this being a result of people who are new to Tide games being frustrated by not being able to complete Heresy and upwards during the beta due to sucking too hard and then making uneducated complaints, which due to their sheer quantity of course make Fatshark bent over once more…

I’m currently running staves + force sword and I’m doing pretty well on tier 4 missions now. Pretty much able to blow through hordes and elites alike with proper team positioning and heavy management of warp stacks + peril.

@Sarumane

1 Like

I have not used the staff yet in the Preorder Beta and since I played earlier they also released a hotfix which tweaked a few values so I’ll have to look into that once I’m back from work. I’ll say this: if the staff now feels more like a conflag in terms of usage and doesn’t produce as ridiculous amounts of peril as in the beta then might very well dig it. Force sword I’ll have to see, whether it still produces peril on block and how that feels.

In Vermintide 2 I can solo Cata game with worst subclass with his worst melee weapon. Me being able to do that doesn’t mean it (class/weapon) doesn’t need to be tuned or it’s in good place.

Besides you just got hot fixed for Psyker if you didn’t notice…

I can run current Zealot on Diff 4 too with success but it doesn’t mean he is in good spot. He is in really bad spot now. But I can play him. But compare to CB it’s like eating bread and pretending it’s a cake.

1 Like