'Premium cosmetics' prices are getting rediculous

One cosmetic, in one color variation, for one class is nearly $15 (up nearly $3 since launch). Even before the FOMO mechanics and clipping issues, this is getting ridiculous. It was overpriced at $12.

Are there really this many whales purchasing these things that FS is content with price gouging the rest of the community? I can maybe see $15 for all four classes, with the ability to redye and etc.

It’s not a ‘micro’-transaction if ONE cosmetic it costs 1/3 of the full game. Can we tone it down with the greed a bit FS, so a greater majority of the player base can justify the continued monetary support of the game?

16 Likes

FS has actually saved me money as maybe only 5% of the store I’m interested in.

4 Likes

For me it’s 0%

Because fatshark find it immeasurably complex to sell even a default cadian outfit on the store.

3 Likes

I mean, its just a skin, your basically crying about hats in tf2

Yeah and people don’t tend to complain about those
It’s almost like because it’s a free to play game or something set entirely in its own setting.

And not one in a massive already established setting that’s doing a horrendous job of actually meeting demand of the things you could do with purchasable cosmetics in 40k and doing an awful job with the ones that are available.

5 Likes

True… even more reason it shouldn’t cost $15.

5 Likes

While price is high, there are some great parts that I’d love to buy… but then again I would be rewarding FS for not addressing crafting and RNG issue - and I can’t have that.
They already got too much from me (2500 Aq. Bundle and Imperial Edition, on top of November-beta access).
So I’m gonna withhold with heavy heart. Although psyker collar with googles is tempting (Fumbles cosplay), very tempting…

NO! I will remain strong. There’s no point in rewarding bad behaviour, FIX CRAFTING Fatshark!

3 Likes

Are there really this many whales purchasing these things that FS is content with price gouging the rest of the community?

Yes. If it wasn’t making them a significant enough return, they wouldn’t be doing it.

Yeah, prices are nuts. And still no way to earn aquillas. I’ve supported Fatshark quite a bit over the years, bought my share of stuff, but its just getting more aggregious. Seriously, 90% of new cosmetics are aquilla shop only, and the bundles dont even have trinkets or weapon skins anymore.

2 Likes

It’s been 7 months since we’ve seen new commissary and penance cosmetics and I expect that to be many more until we see anything new on those fronts.

2 Likes

They have to be priced that way. After all they did give xbox more than the cost of the game in funny money. So you have to pay for the giveaway.

Remember when Fatshark said they would put all the cosmetics in the store a over half a year ago? Looks like we really can never trust them anymore. That and the price going from 10 to 14$ for cosmetic sets is annoying.

Wish they would add more free cosmetics and more actual content like a horde mode but, good ol fatshark, just wants a minimal viable product to farm money.

1 Like

And it works, given by the amount of people running around in rogue trader and krieg cosmetics.
These people are literally pissing into their own drinking water and not realizing what the repercussions of supporting such things are. Someone kindly make that domino meme with the $2.50 horse armor dlc in 2006 and 4 rogue trader cosmetic skins costing $54 … 5 bucks more than the new Rogue Trader RPG

3 Likes

Most of those people don’t really care either way. They’re viewing it solely as a disposable income and what they want situation. Any downstream effects on company practice are irrelevant so long as they can keep buying whatever they want. Fundamentally it comes down to a value for money calculation. More often than not, the more money they have the less they value each individual cent of it due to its ease of acquisition and accumulated value. Or at least, that’s been my experience when asking buyers how they feel about the quality of the cosmetics they bought. The standards are minimal, so low quality isn’t a concern. If this wasn’t the case, Fatshark’s cosmetics pricing model wouldn’t be making them money and they would’ve shifted to targetting a broader audience already.

8 Likes

Im fine with the high prices, this is better than paying for maps, which is actual content.

Thanks mate, much appreciated

I think the people going “Lol just don’t buy it!” Are massively missing the point that it’s what people are already doing.

As a note I’m willing to drop money on something if it actually stands out and is unique. I’ve done this for years in F2P games and even games that are cheap and have cosmetics after (see killing floor 1).

My problem comes from both the price point (80 CAD, DOUBLE the price of the base game for 4 skins is insane) and the cosmetics just being nothing to write home about.

There is also the issue of them releasing a skin and then releasing the fixed edition of it. Not to mention the price change on skins just being priced more and more expensive using existing pieces, like come on guys.

1 Like

And in ten years you will pay $0.49 just to queue for one mission.

3 Likes

Even if you have the disposable income this stuff is just such a bad deal for what you get you’d think it would be unjustifiable. Guess all that extra money can’t buy standards.