TLDR: Better-Up Poison Aegis
Was considering a larger topic but want to keep the message focussed this time.
For most potions, you can find some regular utilty in the Chaos Wastes and they can be used in different scenarios. Not so for the Potion of Poison Aegis which has only utilty under two scenarios: A bombardement by Poison Globadiers or Infested Foes.
Fatshark is aware of the potion being very niche as can be seen on the unusally long timer. However, it doesn’t change the fact that the potion is to limited in what it can be used for.
On the other hand, I play a lot of Unchained and there are curses which are for the career twice as difficult as other curses, namely: Baleful Empathy and Unquenchable Thirst
Both in a sense lead to unavoidable damage and as such can cause overcharge easily. No other career(s) have this issue of being especially susceptibleto specific curse (outside of melee only careers and Skulking Sorcerer). I would love for a way to at least temporarily get rid of these curse effects.
As such I suggest to enhance the Potion of Poison Aegis to counter player-related effects of ALL curses:
- Blood Tornadoes: Do not receive damage by Khornadoes while under potion effect
- Skulls of Wrath: Do not receive damage by exploding skulls while under potion effect
- Infested Foes: Poison clouds do no damage while under potion effect (already in place)
- Miasma of Pestilence: Do not receive debuffs while outside of the Purifying torch aura (still receive FPS drops) while under potion effect
- Skulking Sorcerer: Can not be grabbed by the Nurgle Ghost while under potion effect
- Baleful Empathy: Do not receive shared damage nor share damage yourself while under potion effect
- Unquenchable Thirst: Do not receive continuous damage and also do not get healed by potions while under potion effect
- Bolt of Change: Do not receive damage by Thor’s lightning strike
While this does look like a lot in the first moment, it is still all very circumstantial and would not be to strong even if keeping the 60 seconds timer. It would help Unchained with the two mentioned curses while also giving some more leeway for annoying curses like Nurgle Ghost or Khornadoes. For Skulls of Wrath it even gives a new tactical element.
- Leave PoPA as it is
- Change PoPA as suggested
- Change PoPA partially as suggested (only some of the mentioned curse effects)
- Change PoPA in another way