Please increase the Javelins`s cleave

As the title says please increase the Javelins cleave again. Yeah i know we said it was too much previously because on legend are no mixed hordes and way less shielded trash minions than on cata. So players cleared whole slaverat conga lines by their own. But right now it alsmost cleaves nothing, making it a single target weapon which has no breakpoints to work properly as single target weapon on cata. To be clear it is fine that the breakpoints are worse than longbows and are ok like they are now, because it has infinite ammo and shouldnt rival the longbow.
A proper spot for the javelin would be as staggering, cleaving weapon. So it is a tool against hordes and still struggles against the elites, but having the utlity to stagger them.

Right now the only value of this weapon is the stagger, killing anything with it even slaverats feels like pain.

Edit: To be clear there is no need to give the old cleave values back where it cleave through 10+ slaverats, because on cata it isnt the reality to cleave the full amount of enemies with the mixed in armoured minions and shielded trash minions which block the jav. But a proper buff to make it work as cleaving range weapon would be nice!

3 Likes

wow a fair and honest opinion not rooted in the emotional value of having paid for the item.
haven’t played with it since the nerf, but pushing it into a cleave nieche seems to be reasonable to me, kerillian doesn’t have huge cleave ranged option, so why not.

2 Likes

I’d much rather see it do proper single target damage then.

A hand-thrown javelin having more cleave than an actual rifle bullet is kinda silly.

then noone would take longbow, like prenerf. So no i dont want that.

As it stands, javelins should auto-replenish on their own, maybe one each 1,5 or 2 seconds, and when reloading manually you should be able to just tap R and the process would go on until cancelled or finished, instead of holding.

As for cleave… if cleave makes the longbow obsolete (heh, yeah), then give them pushback. A lot. You’re sticking a heavy metal rod on dudes, so it checks out. Interrupt everyone with metal rods!

(This applies to axes too, please fix axes.)

oneshotting/sniping makes longbow obsolote not cleave.

The community is already complaining about the infinite ammo because it is hard to balance like you maybe have already recognized. Making it even more easy to use on top of having infinite ammo wouldnt help.