Please give us the option to start a random map with Private enabled

Please just give us the option to start a random map with Private enabled.

4 Likes

I would love this so much.

1 Like

I would also like this, but it might be contradictory with the Quick Play objective (finding matches as fast as possible with random people). This feature would reduce interaction among the community, IMO.

1 Like

Isn’t that what the quickplay bonus to loot is meant to achieve? I presume @Harridas is not asking for the quickplay bonus, just a random map option.

2 Likes

You’re probably right in saying that. I’m just (somewhat) selfishly asking for this because I like getting a random map without a random player getting into the lobby since I play with folks on Discord most often.

I should change the title to better reflect that.

1 Like

@alsozara

Oh, yeah, maybe a private QP without the bonus would conflict less with that. But still, QP itself is useful to mix and match the community. If a private option is available, interactions would drop anyways, with or without the loot bonus.

Maybe Fatshark would think that it’s not that big of a deal. After all, you can make a QP private in-game, it just takes you about 20 seconds (loading screen)

@Harridas

Oh yeah, when you want to invite someone that is not on your friends list, using QP can be annoying at peak hours. That is a different topic. They might still have the same side effects, but I see what you are saying.

Eh, I understand that perspective but I’m strongly of the opinion social engineering only goes so far. If people don’t wanna play with randos they’re gonna be pretty committed to that, and it’s unlikely any amount of petit incentives will change that. At least that certainly how it is for me when I’m not in the mood for quickplay.

Yeah, maybe you are right :stuck_out_tongue: