Please Fix Packmaster Audio and Assassin Spawn Distance & Behaviour

Noticing these two frustrating issues a lot more lately:

First, packmaster audio is almost always so low now you can barely hear it when it’s right next to you and the sound directionality is out of whack as a result. Pick one: either make them sneakier or make them tanky af, not both.

Second, I watched multiple assassins yesterday spawn directly on top of people. Literally. Not close to them and jumping but they actually spawned pre-tackled. This is unacceptable, obnoxious, and wastes a lot of people’s time when it ends runs for no reason.

17 Likes

I agree. Especially those annoyingly low volume packmasters!

6 Likes

Yeah, 100% agreed.

This also happened to one of my teammates today, i was confused af.
Though i feel like assassins are very buggy, and this is only one of many glitched mechanics and animations they have.
Also i don’t know if this is common knowledge, but it seems like their pounce speed is based on the distance they want to travel, which makes them travel either with the speed of light(huge distance pounce), or like a feather dropping down(when they try to jump down from a roof on you), and both former and latter probably shouldn’t be a thing.

2 Likes

I have noticed this too. Was funny for the first few slo MO pounces, just annoying now.

I’m glad you witnessed this, I haven’t gotten to see it yet but half the time when I get pounced it feels like they just appeared on my face.

4 Likes

Aye this was the first I’ve ever seen with my own eyes. 2x spawn already stabbing someone. 1x spawn mid-dive, full-speed, 5ft from its target… No chance either way

3 Likes

It’s also a problem that special spawn sounds play after they spawned. It’s not uncommon to see an assassin first and then hear the spawn sound play.
I’m not sure how hard it would be to have the spawn sound play as they spawn or a second before.

6 Likes

Somehow, it all worked alot better in L4D with the audio cues actually playing before the specials spawned…

3 Likes

Yeah, silent specials isnt unheard of in LFD lol

I cant count how many times a silent hunter pounced me from a close spawn point where he didnt make a noise at all

There is something really wrong with the audio of packmaster right now

4 Likes

There is something really wrong with the audio in generall for three months now.
Unless you see it as a feature of course (it is one btw).

It’s bad enough that I feel this game basically has an artificial “skill ceiling” because of how unfair and buggy enemies that instantly incapacitate you behave. I never got that impression in Vermintide 1.

I’ve literally had sneak rats spawn out of the aether only meters in front of my character or pounced on me before the sound even played, bad enough as it is that the entrance noise for them isn’t directional.

To be fair, this game has the potential to be great once it leaves Early Access.

4 Likes

I don’t know if this is related, but I would add leeches might need a look at along with the other grabbers.

Yesterday a leech cast his grab nearly the same time I heard his teleport cue. In the 1/4th of a second it took me to spin around to shoot or figure out which way to dodge the green beam was already half way to me (reaction time was so quick it caught me in the dodge animation). I figured it was random lag but after seeing all the hub-bub I wouldn’t be surprised if it was part of this issue.

4 Likes

In matches with HM/Shade, leaches and other enemies are spawning invisible until 1s after they attack.

2 Likes

Welp, I was playing as handmaiden so there you go.

1 Like

It’s super blatant if you’re observing someone. They get the exact same transparency effect as any PC when stealthed. It’s especially dangerous on trash mobs because while specials can still be pinged, trash can’t.

1 Like

^^

2 Likes