[PC] - Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.0.8 Beta

N O T_A_P R I O R I T Y.

Fully agree with you. Most of these things are really nice to have, if there werent these glaring issues of bad weapon balance and green dust. Lack of green dust stops me from playing ATM.

6 Likes

Please fix the green dust issue soon. It’s the only bug i care about. Oh and the crashing too.

7 Likes

Yeah I saw that post. If I had any hair on my shiny dome, I would have pulled it out. I think it shows a frightening disconnect between players and devs. Quite possibly the devs simply don’t understand the severity of this issue once you’re into the 100s of hours played.

For those of us that ‘tryharded’ from level 1 and always tried for full tome full grim runs, we didn’t even build up a decent supply of the stuff before hitting endgame.

3 Likes

If we download the beta, will we have to download the whole thing again when it goes live? Just have slow net and trying to decide if I should spend the whole day DLing or not if I’ll have to do it again next week/whenever it goes live.

Did you do something to push attacks? I use this form of attack alot with my dual axes as slayer, it feels super clunky and wonky in the beta.

So many fixes, so little green dust. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hmm and apparently, fixing the F2 move at start time saver quality of life ‘bug’ was higher on their list of priorities than fixing green dust.

Yeah. Great work. Because things not taking long enough already with forced XP and loot screens was really the issue.

2 Likes

Did they really fix it?! Please be kidding!

1 Like

I kid you not. They were careful not to mention it in patch notes, of course.

The ‘fix’ to huntsman is also weird. To fix a glitch that for some unknown reason allowed infinite rapid fire when two ults overlapped, they nerfed the talent - not fixed the glitch itself.

Why not fix the talent so it works on longbow at the same time, if they were touching it anyway.

1 Like

This gave me a good chuckle, I’m glad there’s some humor in patch notes :smiley:

Overall looks like an awesome patch! Downloading it now, super stoked to try it out. As expected the hardcore tryhard types are up in arms about green dust… while I’d like to see a green dust fix too I think you’re right not making it a huge priority compared to bugfix and performance things. I’m at about 200 hours and have been experimenting with builds quite a bit, and while I’m not exactly drowning in green dust I haven’t ran out. I’m sure I would if I tried to get perfect rolls on things, but it seems silly to go for that now when the game is still getting patched a lot.

Thanks for your hard work!

2 Likes

Well you can do that yourself… :wink: (or at least hide it from sight)

my performance has taken a dive on the new beta :frowning: went from stable 60fps on lowest settings in live to now 30fps in beta, have i7-4700HQ and intel HD Graphics 4600

intel HD Graphics 4600

You do not meet minimum spec

3 Likes

OK, played my first few rounds and the biggest diffirence I’ve noticed is that the beta plays a lot smoother right now than the live game. Which for me is a big relief I can even put my video settings on high now :smile:
Goob job :+1:t2: !

1 Like

GREEN. DUST.

tenor%20(1)

5 Likes

Hey I get some pretty good frames on ultra now, nice.

Also the new voicelines for the ults are great, Saltz has some really good ones on Zealot, I think that’s my favourite part of this patch.

1 Like

That’s a lot of fixes, but… Still not addressing major concerns like green dust, several weapons and careers being completely subpar and more. I’m not sure FS understands just how frustrating it is to have total RNG reds and close to zero green dust to reroll your oranges - or to reroll reds if you happen to get one.

FS said that they wanted to do this QOL, bugfix, hardware issue fix before they worked on balance.
I’m not disagreeing with your points, I’m just saying they told us what they had planned.

8 Likes

Can bots with the natural bond trait still heal you with kits?

1 Like

No, they will pick up draughts and carry them to the end of the level ignoring any tomes now.

2 Likes

Just shoot them until they use the draught and pick up the tome. Ugly workaround people use since the beta.

1 Like