[PC] Vermintide 2 - Back to Ubersreik - OUT NOW!

Looks great! Can’t wait to try the dlc out.

1 Like

Executioners sword still does not oneshot SV on legend, so i’m guessing this is a silent nerf? Or is it still bugged because the headshot sound is not triggering on the dummies?

Can’t wait to get my hands on the weapons and run through the maps! Looks great so far

1 Like

Then hit it twice… Unless u can’t survive that long, then play a lower difficulty…

Or fat shark could actually state whether this was an intended nerf in the last beta instead of being silent.

“Acknowledged” doesn’t tell us very much.

3 Likes

Downloading now, hugely looking forward to the classic maps - but I think this decision to split the fanbase is a bad idea, and I hope you undo it. Maybe it was for monetary reasons, but splitting the fanbase is the best way to kill DLC content. Even games with massive populations like Battlefield - every one of their DLC maps quickly became abandoned due to how few people were playing them.

I get that maps can’t be free, but we’ve gotta keep the playerbase united.

2 Likes

It’s not going to split the fan base, it’s going to make dlc maps show up less in quick play, which literally everyone has requested.

They’ll still show up in quick play for non-owners, as long as one person in the lobby has it.

If someone wants to play them it’s not hard to just do a qp and then ask if someone can host it. Or have one person in your friends buy it.

But if someone wants to be able to play it on demand or have it always in their rotation, they can buy it.

This is not going to split the community in the slightest.

2 Likes

FATSHARK, you are disgustingly pitiful. You divide the few players that remain, and also prevent us from testing your disappointing reskins of DLCs. You are not worth it.

How are you prevented from “testing”?
Buy it or don’t.
Its either worth the money for you or it isnt.

I dont see why the maps should be free.
If one person in the lobby has the DLC ya can play the maps.

How many posts were there about SoB?
The maps are free why would I buy the DLC??
I hate these maps I dont want them in QP!

Seems like a good compromise to me.

I for one am looking forward to playing the new maps when I get home.
For $10 I will get at least 100 to 200 hours of content.
Heck…I have gotten 1000 hours of content from 15 maps.

Very curious about the new weapons and how they feel and perform.

4 Likes

Yeah, the Reddit comment history that happens to go back until about last December. Reddit deletes old comments, so sure, you’re free to present your own version of the events.

I just know that I can’t find many of your other posts that occurred at the time, or mine, because yes, that’s me, and I posted a lot of threads back then because I had fast figngers on the annoucnements. Many old posts can only be accessed through threads - the actual posts, nope.

I unfortunately dont’ remember who posted that thread, because the replies were to an unrelated conversation. I know that someone thought that the VO being all from V1 was a letdown, then someone else - I think that was me - pointed out that the elf already had new lines, so clearly that was just placeholders for the demo. There was a very brief discussion as to whether it’s a good/bad/acceptable thing to have reused lines, and then you popped in stating that they’d only be re-recorded, which some did, while others stayed the same (often making no sense). The obvious reference to RAVAGED BODY was brought up in replies to your comment (funny how it didnt even get reused in the base game, it came in a later patch). Yeah I remember it pretty clearly alright, but the cards aren’t stacked in my favor.

And they won’t be, because that’s how Reddit rolls. Convenient for you. I wayback-machine’d it, but what can you do?

People’ll believe you over me any day. But I know what happened and I remember what I read. The largest difference this memory allows for is if it possibly may not have been you, but Robin or Silverfox, but so it goes. When I tried to dig, which i did several times this spring and summer, Reddit decided that it was retconning old posts arbitrarily.

2 Likes

@Fatshark_Hedge Is it possible to get reds from vaults/chests of the new weapons after unlocking them? Or do you have to upgrade them to a red via Bright(Red) Dust? I can see that you could upgrade to red as soon as you want, but didn’t know if boxes could give 'em too.

2 Likes

They don’t drop from regular boxes, no.

2 Likes

So there are three illusions in total, the base, orange, and red. Might there be plans for more illusions in the future?(just curious)

1 Like

Why would you put the effort to go through an entire beta period related to balance to just then instead decide to release the most overpowered unbalanced weapons across all characters a few weeks later.

The last beta was power creep. You made the game easier overall. You’re making the game easier again with OP weapons. You may as well desanction a broken version of the loadout mod. Your new weapons are effectively the same exploit, just gone official.

When is the new difficulty coming out? There had better be plans for one at this rate.

1 Like

Wait… are you saying all these “new” offerings, are that superior to the entire arsenal available to careers right now? It did not seem like thats congruent with other feedback received thus far. Just sayin.

Also you want harder difficulties I say you can try playing deeds man. They are alot harder than the base game difficulties.

Deeds, mod realm, play with bots, tie a hand behind your back… and let’s not forget there’s more balancing patches in the pipeline. Where are you coming off saying all the new weapons are op? Is this from playtesting, and if so, numbers please? Or did you just read the announcement and decide they were op?

There’s some requests for higher difficulty on here but the people who want it are probably less than 1% of the player base. Don’t get me wrong I’d like there to be one - I’m holding out hope that Grimmalact’s onslaught mod gets finished and sanctioned as a harder difficulty.

2 Likes

I get where you’re going with this, but the game does have a problem with not only challenge, but also with player retention.
Consider how well the game has sold. The playerbase is tiny compared to that number - there should have been put more effort in to player retention from fatshark.
Secondly look at the outside sources of information. Not even the wiki is updated with basically anything since the BBB was finished. Why you may ask? Because the people who are overly engaged in this game, the people who strive for the challenge are leaving or taking a huge hiatus. The same people that datamine, test their asses off, create spreadsheets of data for the entire community to enjoy, develop vibrant communities through discord and other means, make youtube content, stream the game and so on.
Everything that VT2’s success was built on was basically created by this 1%, and they are being left in the gutter while FS fumbles around trying to fix their game and release console ports as well as revamped existing content.

1 Like

Guys, people have the attention span of mice these days. Rarely does any game hold anyones interest for very long, especially by virtue of those quick accessible action games. Oh hello Vermintide 2. Quick access action game I see.

Waves of people come and go. It is what it is. Its not going to ever be a huge sprawling universe of players. A game like this will have players, yes, but not to the scale of some other games that just have more endgame content to offer. That ship has sailed folks. Just ride out and enjoy with the people that end up sticking around and the new ones that end up poking around or poking rats with you. I believe over the next while players will drop its so inevitable, but you will still have folks to play with.

3 Likes

Except Fatshark doesn’t intend for this game to be another “one and done” experience. I can’t find the source right now, because I’m too lazy and on my phone, but their director has clearly stated that they intend to work on VT2 for years to come. For that to be a thing, you need player retention, because without player retention you won’t be selling a whole lot of DLC/micro transactions compared to having a large player base.

Other than that you are right.

1 Like

The concept of Vermintide is able to capture the attention of many players and keep them for quite some time but the things built around it are not.
I’m not talking about Dota numbers but at least L4D numbers (35’000).
With the things I mean a severe lack of any good crafting or loot system, the poor implementation of mod ability, lacking information about every weapon as well as talens and game mechanics.
If modded games would show up in the lobby browser (or in a separate one like the dota’s arcade) and be more accessable to casual player it would have boosted replayability a lot.

And more…

2 Likes

I think its just too late in the game to fix all that and essentially you end up with a different product. I would love to believe that V2 is something special but its not quite the supposed ultra classic that everyone so badly wants it to be. I always said I enjoy it for the sake of playing it minus all that stuff thats so obviously missing so they did something right. But my interest is not going to last forever. Its a quick accessible action game after all, does not take all that much commitment to get into it. That is only unless you are after specific veteran items, then its laughable. I was hardcore enough to get everything I wanted, for every career that mattered to me. I don’t have any more reason to play. Its just what it is. For me, its like playing over Doom 2 levels. The set pieces, that repetitive action. That familiarness to every corridor. Just rambling at this point, you get the idea. I’ll probably ditch this game and play Mechwarrior 5 full time in VR when it comes out. Because in utter obviousness, how could I not?

2 Likes