[PC] V2 - Patch 4.6.3 Notes (updated 18 March)

Hotfix 4.6.3 (March 18):

• Fixed a crash that could occur when clients used emotes when a host ended a session
5 Likes

Should be yea, Beastmen banners used to cause crashes apparently and that got fixed in 4.6.2

3 Likes

I always like people making presumptions about other peopleā€™s screens and experience.

I have been playing this game for so long that crashes and bugs are expected. I have also seen so many rants like this - justified or not - that I almost feel ashamed for mine. I guess it says a lot that I take so many things in Vermintide for granted* and that I may be pissed when I crash for unknown reason, but in the end I can understand that this has not been intended. That message in the middle of the game, instead of anywhere else, is the FSā€™s deliberate choice to fix their screwup and also their deliberate choice to screw my experience. If you donā€™t feel the same, fine, Iā€™m sure there are many who donā€™t. However, if you can lift 200 kg, donā€™t presume everyone else can.

I stopped playing when I realized how the message was screwing me the first time. I came back when they fixed that issue. And here was another message, killing my experience and my character, making me so angry by the fifth time I saw it in the level. I donā€™t want to feel that way. So itā€™s goodbye.

*BTW, has the endless bomb potions been fixed, for I may have missed it in the patch notes? Even if it has, thatā€™s just one of the examples of major issues that has not been addressed for insultingly long. Letā€™s not go into the launcher eitherā€¦

Holy crap, that is awesome. Iā€™ve been on a hiatus for a while, but this looks like a set opf very enjoyable changes.
Particularly, it looks like a massive buff to the way I like to play shade, and I canā€™t think of a single balance change that I instinctively was against when reading - though I never played SoT, so Iā€™ve no idea what exactly was replaced there.
Gotta take a good look at the UI now, but it certainly looks like I wonā€™t need most of the mods anymore Iā€™ve been using so far.
Good on you, Fatshark. Good on you.

Edit: Ok, the UI is a bit large(The character inventory). Iā€™d very much appreciate if there was a way to scale it down a bit - my eyesight is just fine, and having to move my head that much and click that many buttons really makes its usage unreasonably clunky. Well, maybe thereā€™ll be a mod for that soon.
Edit2: Though the cases of a player suddenly dying (completely, not just going down) within ~2 seconds from a monk standing next to them have certainly gone up.

@FatsharkLev, @Aqshy
Can I ask how the career shown is chosen in the new statistics on custom map selection? Is it the first career used for the highest difficulty completion with that character?
BTW, kudos for going with 5 icons instead of 20+, that would have been insane.

Also Iā€™d like to request for the possibility of custom binding the key to hide HUD when using emotes (default E). Iā€™m unable to use that with my layout.

Unlisted change: Throwing Axes now count as one-handed weapons and activate the ā€˜A Thousand Cutsā€™ Slayer talent

Is the above change intentional? (I hope it is.)

Related posts:

4 Likes

From one of our developers:

It selects the career based on the career you completed the highest difficulty with. If youā€™ve completed it with multiple ones, it selects the first one from the listing in the character selection. So for mMarkus, in the case you have completed the level with all careers on Legend:
Mercenary ā†’ Huntsman ā†’ Foot Knight ā†’ Grail Knight

1 Like