[PC] V2 - Patch 4.6.3 Notes (updated 18 March)

That build is weak-sauce!

Real powerhouse build is the bleed+crit = AoE poison with a weapon that has at least decent cleave. Tears through hordes, armor and monsters like paper.

Now that is spicy.

New Shade is very entertaining. Seems to have worked out as a huge buff apart from stealth being reduced - the double ult talent more than makes up for that though. The new mid talent seems underwhelming seeing as it loses out on the Infiltrate damage boost compared to the other two. It does feel like we have come full circle with delete enemy Shade → stealth Shade → delete enemy Shade however.

New SotT at least can’t dump crits and the damage ult anymore, but the DoTs are bit crazy. I love the DoT playstyle the patch opened up but I feel it’s a bit overtuned as it stands right now.

MB definitely needed a nerf but I don’t like the direction they took it in. LB with Conservative Shooter is just flat out better. They should have done the damage nerf but kept the aoe so it can do a little of LB and Hagbane’s roles, but not as good. I’d have liked a nerf to the recharge rate instead too so it actually matters more but I guess that ship has sailed.

Can’t be Javs. They are seriously underpowered. They need to add warpstone warheads to the tips of those, then maybe they’ll be okayish. That’s what Tzeentch told me anyway.

That doesn’t spread the bleed in aoe though, just blackvenom right?

Bleed + 24% extra damage taken is much better, including vs armour, monsters and patrols. You absolutely annihilate them. Hordes are a total joke, even with zerkers or maulers.

It’s even more funny when you take into account dual weapon heavies apply both blackvenom stacks and the bleed in one swing (the first strike by one of the two weapons applies blackvenom, the second applies the second blackvenom stack and the bleed).

A second heavy then adds two more bleed stacks.

1 Like

Which is why you´d need some cleave, takes advantage of all the nearby targets being primed for bleeding.

Takes hitting everything individually though, the advantage of the spreading poison trick is that it affects every single nearby target after the first crit.

No downtime when switching targets so to write.

Of course i wont say that the doublestacking is bad, it is better for singular targets, but honestly i think spreading is better by a fair lot when dealing with any “multi target” scenario. Especially given that most of Keri´s weapons just do not have that much cleave.

For instance, you can mash dual sword heavies into a horde but you´ll be nowhere near the cleave you get on any other character on their weapons built for that business.

I’m confused. When playing around with it it seemed that the bleed was also applied on the first hit (the one that initially applies poison) so what is the advantage is the poison AoE when your first melee strike against a target is already applying both poison and bleed?

1 Like

If you cleave everything will be poisoned anyways, so it doesn’t matter much if you also spread poison by crit. If you take the double poison + bleed setup, a weapon like sword & dagger can melt hordes like it’s nothing as well, and even chaos warriors don’t live long against mindlessly chaining bodyshot heavies. It easily surpasses the damage output of lingering flames flamesword; just as good vs. hordes, three times better vs. armor and monsters. To be honest, I’m a bit disappointed in this “rework”. SotT is still foremost a melee blender, it’s just that she has a little more support and no nuke ult anymore. (But she doesn’t need the nuke ult anymore anyways.)

4 Likes

Wait, the bleed actually applies on the first hit as well, even if that is the hit that applies the poison?
’
dang, i didnt actually know that

On one hand I sympathize, but on the other hand if she lacked damage she would be in the Foot Knight boat.

And on the gripping hand, arguably the best support character 4 years running is the Mercenary; who has always been a melee powerhouse and people rarely call for him to get nerfed.

The point of this being that I believe we need better rationale for further nerfs to the Thorn elf than just “supports aren’t supposed to do damage.”

Sure does. As I posted in another thread it even works with hagbane poison, letting you one headshot a Cata SV with it.

It’s arguably just better flense lol.

I’ve wanted Merc nerfed for ages lol. Dude can stack 40% raw power on top of everything else he has going (DR, Cleave, Control, Team support, smiter). That’s absurd lol. I just dropped it when more absurd stuff came along. That’s the thing about power creep though, it slowly shifts the bar higher until stuff that used to seem OP slowly starts to seem OK.

Regardless I do think there needs to be more time spent with these changes before we start crying out for nerfs.

FK is underrated. He’s perfectly respectable for Cata. Honestly he’s probably my favourite class to play for Cata. Now stagger override is fixed he’s even better. If FK is being considered underpowered despite a solid amount of raw power, attack speed, control, and team support, that just shows to me how much the general perspective on what a “good class” is has shifted with increasingly absurd additions to the game. That’s not to say I wouldn’t still like to see a few more tweaks made to him, but he’s generally in a pretty good spot from my experience.

5 Likes

All perfectly fair opinions.

I’ve only had 2-3 games with 4.6 Foot Knight, but his ult does feel a lot better. (Also feels like it crashes the game when fighting beastmen, but I need to get a fresh crash report to submit that one.) But I feel like most of his damage comes from stacking silly amounts of attack speed and some decent power on top of already very powerful weapons like m&s and bret sword.

1 Like

I agree with all but the last part of that. I don’t run him with either of those weapons and still find him very respectable. Anyway this is turning into a different thread entirely so I’ll leave it at that. I think we’re close enough to on the same page here anyway.

1 Like

For what its worth, I tried reporting the debuff effect (12 % increased damage) applying on first hit as bug and it has been acknowledged. So, if they manage to fix it (assuming it really is a bug) the blending should feel “a bit” better so that you need at least one hit just 100 % damage without debuff effect and without bleed. Could still be discussed if dual weapons should count as two hits on charged attacks or just as one.

However, I am pretty sure that this change will come with taking the same “buff effect on first hit already” away on other careers too. And while I think I would be mostly okay with it, there are some few talents where it seems appropriate like Fuel to the Fire.

1 Like

Yeah I’m a little worried about that too. Hunter, BH’s Open Wounds and probably a few others make more sense operating the way they currently do, and would lose almost all of their value in a good number of situations if they didn’t affect the shot/strike that procs them.

1 Like

FWIW I don’t believe the ‘acknowledged’ flag means they’re admitting whatever has been reported is a bug. It’s just a way of marking the topic as being read by a staff member. I’ve seen plenty of bug reports get marked as ‘acknowledge’ that aren’t actually bugs.

2 Likes

Possible, but as there exists the not-a-bug flag as well and has been used in the past, it means that at the moment it is acknowledged as bug. If they change it is another story. It might be that they change their mind and think it is okay, or they notice it has negative influence elsewhere or they can’t code a solution.

But okay, let me rephrase it. They have not flagged it as not-a-bug. So chances are they might at least take a look at it.

2 Likes

DETAILED UI

Original Mod & Creator: Numeric UI by Necrossin and -Milbor-

Taking influences from the Numeric UI mod, this new option gives you the choice to add more details for health and ammunition values in the in-game HUD.

- Dev Blog - Quality of Life Breakdown — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

The Numeric UI mod puts a ‘wounded’ indicator (a skull icon) near the player’s avatar when a player is wounded. Does the new detailed UI have a similar feature?

KILL CONFIRM CROSSHAIR

Original Mod & Creator: Kill Confirm Crosshair by pixaal
Similar to pixaal’s mod, the Kill Confirm Crosshair indicates when a killing blow is delivered, so when you’re in the thick of it, you can get a better understanding of when you’ve killed something or what enemy class it was.

Is there a guide for the indicators used by the game’s kill confirm crosshair feature? In the Crosshair Kill Confirmation mod, a red indicator means standard kill, orange means headshot kill, purple means DoT kill, and blue means assist kill. Is this the same for the game’s indicators? What about enemy type kills? The Crosshair Kill Confirmation mod has separate shapes for regular enemies, elites and specials kills.

1 Like

I did not test SotT due to crashes, but people are calling her bleed better flense (or same as the pre-nerf one).
I don’t think that falls under the “supports aren’t supposed to do damage” argument if it’s a better version of a talent that was already nerfed for the same exact reason people wanted to change SotT.

1 Like

The in-game message again? REALLY??? Is this some kind one-finger salute? It may be silly, but I think I’m returning the cosmetics and uninstalling the game for a bit. Good for me.

Well, I get that they can be annoying, but it would be so much worse if they didn’t do it and the game kept crashing at the end of a map, because a player tries the new emotes.

4 Likes

Ah, I see, so this is for players who join the game without entering the keep and reading the announcement there and then using the emote at the end, as opposed to everyone else… Well, I’m already feeling like I actually gained some time today. Not well disposed towards the FS at all, though.

This seems a bit of an overreation. I get that it’s annoying, but uninstalling the game because of it? It’s like not even 1 cm on top of your screen sometimes.

Better that than have a host crash at the end of a game I think.

3 Likes