Patrol spawns right in front of me

Issue Summary: Twice after the big patch, patrol has spawned right in front of me and obviously aggroed immidiately. First was in Skittergate in the area between the grimoires. The second was the by the river path (near 1st grim) in Fort Bra-whatever. A possible third time was when a patrol spawned very close behind the corner and I had no time find any place to avoid. This was in Halescourge after the lift in the area with the basement route.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Start a level
  2. Proceed forward
  3. Suddenly lots of elite enemies appear before your very eyes and proceed to hand you your behind

Reproduction Rate (Choose One):
Rare (< 10%)

Additional Information:
I don’t have any video because I don’t know how to cause it and I don’t record my play on default. My CPU is quite old (i5 3570K oc’d to 4,2 GHz) but it usually shows zero anomalies and enemies sometimes spawn at a crazy rate and the AI doesn’t do hiccups so I think the my CPU can handle things just fine. I’ll add one console log which should have the Fort incident.

Difficulty was Legend: I have read that Legend causes enemy spawning go crazy. Might be just rumours but might as well add it here.

I was playing alone with bots when these happened.

[Attach Your DxDiag]
DxDiag.txt (53.4 KB)

[Attach Your Session Console Log]
Should be this:
console-2018-09-08-18.40.39-0E9C37D5-0E3B-4B82-87AC-6CB9.log (521.7 KB)

If not then this:
console-2018-09-08-16.37.45-2DAD1051-B624-4BA3-B143-CDEF.log (950.7 KB)

I probably have the other incidents on logs but I doubt you want to go through dozens of logs.

Ideally we could use screenshots with just an arrow pointing at where the patrol ninja-spawned. Like this is great: https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/one-definite-facepatrol-on-athel-yenlui-another-possibly-unavoidable/27168

Here you go. It has been a little while so I might not remember the exact place.

Skittergate: it was one of these narrow paths. Sorry, can’t recall which one.

Fort: on the river road near this point

1 Like

Had a CW patrol spawn on us in the blightreaper map earlier. The part at the end where you drop off the cart to go find the key which opens the gate to the blightreaper room. It spawned right infront of the drop off the cart. I’ll get a SS next time I play the map.

Wanted to report a Facepatrol on Halescourge, managed to get a screenshot of it as it spawned. Right near the start, at the end of the pathway above the first tome:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.