Pass kit feature fails to work very often

Issue Type (Required):

Player Mechanics

Issue Description (Required):

When holding an inventory object like an ammo kit or health pack, you can press the alt weapon fire key to pass the kit to another player. However I find this feature to be very buggy, it doesn’t work reliably and I have to hammer the key repeatedly a dozen times before it registers. Only about 10% of the time does the kit pass properly on the first try.

I think this is actually two problems that compound each other. The pass range is far too short, you have to almost be clipping into the other player or it won’t work. I think it would be far more reliable if you increase this to more of a “toss” range like 10 feet or so. The second issue is that button presses just don’t register reliably, even in “perfect” conditions like a stationary teammate inside an elevator etc, the pass can fail to work and I still have to press multiple times.

Additionally I believe all of the same issues affect stims because the passing mechanic appears to be the same.

Steps to Reproduce (Required):

Just try to toss any item to another player. Sometimes my success rate at this is as low as 10%, especially if the other player is moving.

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Often (<75%)

Platform (Required):

PC - Steam

2 Likes

Iv noticed that stimming someone else can be quite the task, especially when everyones running around like headless chickens.

It might be to stop accidentally stimming the wrong person but I agree the range could do with just a touch more.

Need that L4D2 80m cross map pill throw.

1 Like

I really don’t know why they made it more complicated than it needs to be. Just press the dedicated button when you’re looking in the general direction of the player, and it should give the item (or jab the stim). It’s needlessly precise and annoying.

Yes, both handing and injecting teammates is very difficult, the distance is so short, and this action is only effective if your target is completely stationary.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.