Notification sound for getting an item passed

With the stim update we got the ability to pass on items like:

• Stims
  • Ammo-/Medi-crates
  • Scriptures

What is annoying is the fact, that unless you check your inventory every couple of seconds, you can’t tell when you are given an item by a teammate.

Instead I have to either write in chat that I passed my teammate an ammocrate (that he would refuse to pick up himself) or be okay with that crate being not use for the entire mission, because he never noticed he had it.

We had the feature in Vermintide, why did you not have in in Darktide?
(Guess it’s the same reason why you didn’t allow us to share items from Launch)

1 Like

really, they made the UI too minimalist. the inventory should stand out a bit more to remind you of what you have. “oh it’s so clean” eat my entire butthole UI designers i prefer a clunky UI where i can spot mid-fight that there’s now a stim in my inventory. give it some color, and an actual inventory panel instead of some grey boxes with lines in it.

So you want something like this?

Jokes aside, I think the proper complaint here about the UI being “too minimalist” is that it doesn’t feel stylized, and all the information is off to the sides of the screen. VT2 had the winning formula of being stylish, in the bottom center of your screen, and then having the team HUD on the top left for you to glance at every so often, on top of colored icons for consumables/books. A good UI will be simple whilst still conveying information easily and accurately.

1 Like

Mandatory “VT2 had this feature” in the form of a little icon popping up to show you you gained an item from an ally

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.