Option to set which speaker the game sounds are playing out of

As the title suggests, I would like the addition of an option to set which sound playback device the game sounds would come out of. As it is if I am to run pandora or something like it on a website and vermintide, they both will use the default playback device, which obviously doesn’t work to well.

So having the additional option to set which device would work for Vermintide 2 specifically would help immensely in my case. And yes there probably are work arounds I can do, but it would simplify things to just have the option.

The vast majority of development studios don’t take the time to write their own custom hook to interact with the sound output options, as the ability to just accept the windows defaults that are passed through to them when the game is launched is good for 99% of use cases.

If you’re in Windows 10, you can go to the “other sound options” settings (Window key + i, System, Sound, Other sound options) and specify default outputs for various programs.

Vermintide will use your “Default device” for game sound output, and “Default communication device” for VoIP output. If you have another set of speakers set up that aren’t flagged as default, you can have your web browser specifically select that output device and potentially satisfy the need you’re looking for.

If that doesn’t work, or you don’t have Windows 10, there are third-party software options available that can accomplish this, but I don’t have any experience with them to be able to make a recommendation.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.