No Sound in Modded Realm

Issue Summary:
Just as the title says, the game has no sound whatsoever when I launch in modded realm. The game produces no sound at all when viewed in the volume mixer on my PC. This issue persists no matter what settings I have and even if I have NO mods enabled. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game without using a back up and this issue persists. Official Realm works just fine and has sound with all mods and setting. I have never personally modified the game files for Vermintide 2 and I don’t even know how to start going about fixing this. I haven’t heard mention of this issue anywhere else.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Launch Modded Realm in the Vermintide 2 launcher
  2. There is no sound.

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Additional Information: If you need additional information I am happy to provide.

ON PC:

[Attach Your DxDiag]
DxDiag.txt (97.0 KB)

[Attach Your Session Console Log]
console-2019-01-08-00.02.27-7A8C2BA8-195A-4C27-995C-D1DB.log (202.5 KB)

Interesting, I can’t say I’ve heard of this one before!

Could you please let me know what your ‘Default Format’ is set to? This can be located using the instructions below:

1. Right-click the speaker icon in the Taskbar
  2. Select ‘Sounds’
  3. Select the ‘Playback’ tab
  4. Right-click your output device and select ‘Properties’
  5. Select the ‘Advanced’ tab

Your ‘Default Format’ should be listed in the dropdown, and should look something like ‘16 bit, 48000 Hz’. If you could share that with me, that would be superb.

It is currently set to “24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)”

Also the sound does work if I plug the hdmi connector from my tv into my computer so the game displays and plays sound through the tv. Maybe that is helpful information though I can’t reasonably play the game like that because it lags and I can’t use my headphones.

I made a video demonstrating the issue thoroughly.

I’ve popped this over to our audio crew and hope to have an update for you soon. :slight_smile:

Hello @tuxxcat,

We are unable to reproduce this, so it would be great if you can help us with following.

To make sure the default windows sound output works fine, could you please capture a short video for following senario.

1. Start capturing
  2. Start Modded Realm
  3. Wait untill it loads the keep.
  4. Make sure master volume is up
  5. Play the window system test sound. ( Left-click the volume icon in the system tray and verify that the audio is not muted and is turned up. Right-click the volume icon and click Open Volume Mixer to play a test sound)
  6. Post the captured video here.

Thanks.

Sorry been busy, hopefully that is helpful.

1 Like

I think it probably has something to do with photoshoot mod or some other mod. If there is a way to clean reset my game without losing my items or progress I might just do that. I would very much like to play modded difficulties…

Your saved progress is on our side, so you can freely uninstall and delete the Fatshark folder from your appdata directory without losing any in-game progression.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.