Only question I care about

Can I still tank and spank? Ranged was always a secondary for me in vermintide. I prefer support roles, using my shield to break lines and assist the other players. Etc etc

Thus far I have not found much info on this?

1 Like

Haven’t seen any shield weapons yet.

I’d expect the Ogryn to get some and possibly the zealot for a crusader-style loadout. Veteran doesn’t have much for shield options unless they want to give him some sort of Arbites riot shield, and I suppose psyker could just use his mind to make a shield. But so far, we got nothing.

There are plenty in the setting though. Ordinary low-tech shields that are just sheets of metal, anti-daemon shields made of true silver, or even power shields that can be used to block power and energy weapons effectively. Hope we get some of it all.

2 Likes

My sincere hope is that if we do get shield weapons, Fatshark has implemented the ability to actually be able to block for your team-mates.

Like, to actually be able to hide behind the friendly shield-Ogryn from enemy fire, without still getting hit.
Or to stand behind someone’s character-model who is blocking, and have an enemy attack rebound off them and not go through them, and still hit you.

1 Like

ogryn and zelot charge are great support ability and mele caracter, ogryn will probably be the caracter you’re looking for as, even if he doesn’t get a shield from launch, he will be designed around taking the brunt of the damage given his playstyle.

1 Like

We know that the Ogryn can get a Bullygrin shield
So this one:

But there could be these weapon set too:
Imperial Navy Breacher (Veteran): Bolt Pistol and Shield

Crusader (Zealot): Sword and Suppression Shield (Or Stormshield)

Bullgryn Slab Shield

1 Like