Only one useful gun on Difficulty 4/5

Boltgun, boltgun, boltgun. There is no ranged weapon diversity at rank 30. It is strictly better than all the bullet weapons in every regard.

I’d like to play with the autoguns, revolver, and shotgun, but they are vastly inferior.

Especially the ammo count, and ammo efficiency. A boltgun starts with 95 shots, penetrates armor, breaks shields, and kills/staggers multiple enemies per shot. A revolver has 35 and does none of that.
Bullet weapons should have at least 3x the ammo count to make them worthwhile for diff 4/5.

10 Likes

would’ve written an essay…
but just “no”

3 Likes

On Difficulty 4 you must’ve seen the success of the Auto torrent laser. It’s true there’ll be tons of super heavies but thems the breaks

But you know what I run on Difficulty 4. Veteran with Laspistol :sunglasses:

Yeah boltguns are really good compared to all other weapon. As it pierces carapace armor & you can kill 2-4 ogryns with 15 ammo in clip. No other weapon as for now can do the job better.

Still some lasguns are also essential for vaporizing the shooters in fast succession & ofcors low armored enemies or unarmored.

Plasma gun is just garbage bought one to test it & imo I lost 20k for just test in lexycarium meat grinder… not even 2 shooting elites that bolter can just melt in second… aslo not usable for shielded variant of ogryn as it does low dmg & have slow charge time.

You should at least give all weapon choice in meat grinder with white rarity [no bonus to dmg for any type etc].

20 k to test a piece of s… is expensive & time consuming to grind it back.

8 Likes

I actually prefer the revolver on my zealot in 4/5’s. The movement potential you get with the revolver is too good to give up for how I play. Bolter also seems to have some damage dropoff at range.

it’s a bolter, it’s meant to be good

also just try flamers on zealot

It’s the opposite.

Revolver has dramatic dropoff and can’t penetrate armor from afar. Try it out in the meat grinder, it won’t even reach half the arena before damage starts falling.

Meanwhile the bolter is a sniper rifle/shotgun/grenade launcher/hmg all rolled into one, that oneshot bodyshots mid-far, and always 1 shot headshots shooters no matter the range.

So a regular human can carry 95+ massive bolter shells, but can’t carry 35 pistol shots… doesn’t square at all.

5 Likes

boltguns are good, at level 4/5 but, i sometimes run the Kantral mark XII lasgun as you need to spec boltgun reload due to it insane low loading speed. which can cause Signiant problems when dealing with hordes, mass elitle waves. lasgun is quite bad vs boltgun on a pure damage bases but is still quite effective on specials, and Flak armoured enemies.

1 Like

Lucius lasgun with a high charge stat will do you pretty good until you run into a Bulwark.
-Faster swap time
-Faster reload
-Abundant ammo reserves
-Requires charged shots
-Doesn’t suffer from visual recoil bug Boltgun has.

Does noone use Lucius? Feels like the best lasgun since it can pierce Carapace.

1 Like

Literally havent seen a single one in 50 hours so /shrug

But yes, Lasgun is good for 4/5 its pretty much essential for 1 team member to have 1, just to counter snipe and deal with gunners / enemy ranged infantry.

3 Likes

At least you have options cries in ogryn

Grenades from the gauntlet suck eggs, having like, 0 aoe
I’ve managed to try 2 of the 3 ripper variants, and the only dif between them is: this one shoots steady, this one shoots really fast but has high recoil and is blue instead of green’
Knockback is good but takes 10 minutes to reload each shot

Melee wise it’s: 3 reskins of knife that all work the same, a shovel, a scrap club, a big club, or the required shield and bonk rod

2 Likes

Lasguns definitely outclass the bullet/shell guns, but it’s still far outclassed by the bolter.

The charge laser isn’t very ammo efficient. Uses 4 ammo per press, and has lower reserves than the other lasers.

Slowly charge up for several seconds to get one shot, and it won’t even oneshot gib a row of targets? Doesn’t break shields. It’s extremely clunky to use, and for all that, a charge shot won’t even matched a single bolter shot.

I think at rank 30, 400+ rating non-bolter guns should have their ammo reserves scale up dramatically. In diff 5 there are more shooters/elites/specials than trash. If you’re still screwing around with bullet/shell weapons you either don’t have bolt weapons unlocked or you’re memeing and wasting the team’s precious ammo.

2 Likes

I actually prefer the revolver over the bolt gun cause it feels better it doesn’t have that stupid animation every time you pull it out it doesn’t wobble to and fro if you try to shoot more than once every couple seconds and it has better mobility but I don’t use it because the boltgun is better for what I need a ranged weapon to do.

Boltgun is just flat out better in important things like it has triple the ammo per mag, reloads via mags, same/better damage on headshots, explosions to stagger etc.

Like why even spend time designing it if you’re gonna have the boltgun outclass it in every meaningful way once you hit level 20…

1 Like

Are you sure? I tested in the chamber, a Lucius MK 3 fully charged did 509dmg, vs 100 something bolter dmg.
If you need multiple targets dead you’re better off just spam firing uncharged shots on a Lucius, or swapping to melee if they’re close.
bolter hs
Lucius full charge hs
Here is my testing. Fully charging took about 1.3 seconds on my Lucius that I have in particular, Has 88 rounds, consumes 12 per full charge. This allows me to take out multiple of the smaller ones especially with volley fire active.
If you have pictures or videos with numbers to back up your claims please share.

1 Like

It looks like your Lucius hit was a headshot (orange damage number) but the bolter hit was just a body shot (white damage number). How much damage does the bolter do on a headshot?

Nope, that was a headshot, for some reason Bolter doesn’t do the weak point hits like that.

My man, people sleep on that las pistol.

1 Like

bolter bodyshot
Proof

Love Lucius, love bayonet on MkI and MkII, but best iron sites on MkIII.

Got plasma gun, amazing agains elites and faster swap/ready time than bolter

The grenadier guantlet should do more AOE damage, but the AOE is good for CC and the direct damage hits do decent damage. The Stubba though… other than the very long reload time, that thing puts in work.

1 Like