Once again I ran into some member of the community who was behaving utterly ridiculously

I missed a bomb and then he was going nuts.
Said he was going to find me, butcher me, twist my head off and more…
That aint ok!

It´s the same behaviour in every game and FS can´t change the ppl minds.

2 Likes

There’s audio and text mute in this game for a reason.

1 Like

I guess most of us older gamers are just use to it. CS1.5 and COD were so toxic back in the day, probably still are lol. I always had fun though, I never took anything personally and tried to be just as toxic back, perhaps that was the whole appeal of those games.

I honestly haven’t met that many toxic people on here, sure I’ve met a few, but considering how many games I’ve played, it’s not significant. Nearly every quickplay is just hey, hello at the start and gg at the end. That’s it…

1 Like

Back in a days we were playing CS 1.5 in the computer cafe, so no one was really toxic there, cause thats not internet, u might get hurt xD

2 Likes

And that’s how it spreads. Doesn’t matter how seriously one personally takes those comments, if one returns them more people will learn them as an acceptable and even expected form. I very much think it shouldn’t be that way, and that being a jerk to others (or worse) should carry some consequences. In a gaming community, those consequences need to come from other players to be effective, likely by way of ignoring or in extreme cases casting out the offensive people. And of course, by keeping a moderately polite and calm tone oneself.

1 Like

I’m talking about Call of Duty. Not sure if you’ve ever played the game… it’s a bunch of 12 year olds screaming the N word at everyone and telling us how they fornicate with our mothers.

1 Like

Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. Is that not taught to kids anymore?

1 Like

And that’s even more reason to teach people the limits of acceptable behavior, behind the Internet’s anonymity or not. I do know that kids love to be “edgy” and do things that are forbidden, but if there are no consequences, they won’t learn out of that behavior. They also tend to take a lot of things seriously, including insults from strangers.

Yeah, sometimes you get those folks. :frowning: Generally, though, I find the community of this game to be really nice.

Just ignore and pity him for not taking his medication. That’s the best you can do.

Thats true , and ofcourse its not FS fault.
If i would say to someone on my work, that i was going to butcher him/her i would get fired.
In my world, its not ok in a game either, and u should get punished for such a behavior.

How many ppl have you hurt in games or even in real - life, when you´d a bad day, bad attitude, puberty, etc.?

I´m an a**hole too… i got kicked in some games for playing hagbane, carrying with sienna or just because is lost a grim. I ran back in, shot in their back and got my “wipe - xp”, but i would never wish someone the dead etc.

You´re right, that noone want such behavior, but humans are humans and the “behavior today” is just an invention from the humanity.

2 Likes

I seems the definitions of ‘Normal Person’ of John Gabriel and me differs enourmasly …maybe he has elvish ancients ? :wink:

1 Like

You can’t control or change necessarily how someone else acts on the internet, but you can always change how you deal with it.

1 Like

Says the bad luck charm. Failed 3/4 games with you last night. Finally clear a run, get a backend error in the bubble, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 Like

Ranald ain’t got !@#$ on me.

1 Like

Sadly this is a result of using the Internet.

I am a mid 30’s gamer so I am just very good at ignoring how my fellow younger Millenials act, and hold little value on what some idiots say. Because the medium is the internet, where there is NO accountability, SOME people just don’t have sense of respect or decency because they never need to be accountable for what they say, or how they act. Billions of people in the World. Cannot speak for all Millenials either, but it is definitely something more prevalent in younger age groups.

Just yesterday I joined in a game, which was instantly defeated even before I could see anything else on screen other than a blank score screen for my character. Back at the Keep I am assuming the Host would try again, so I did not instantly leave.

I started off saying “Hi guys just a guy from Canada here to kill some rats!..” Then the Host muttered something like "Get the F**k out you fckig Faggt … bounce!" and I was instantly booted from the game. I just laughed at myself, kid sounded like he was in his late teens maybe early 20’s. Would this kid act and say the same thing if I was in the same room? Most likely not, unless he wants to get his jaw rearranged :slight_smile: In my experience the kids who act and speak without a sense of respect or decency, usually are the biggest wnker pussies in real life, no joke! The real life legit tough guys, don’t act this way, or treat strangers this way. The next time someone disrespects you like that online, in any game, rest assured, they are a real life super pssy wnker that just addressed you. 100% guaranteed. The friendly funny guys are the ones that can and will kick your ass IRL, but you would not know that because they simply never act or say things like that to strangers!

I know because I don’t and I am a pretty tough cookie IRL (History of boxing and martial arts, full contact physical sports) - but no would know that from my persona in game or how I speak to my peers (mostly joking around, as games should be FUN… this is recreational time boys and girls)

Just brush it off your shoulders guys, this is the internet. DON’T get butthurt by disrespectful idiots over the internet, there are plenty to go around! Kids like that say and act this way, because they know they do not need to be HELD ACCOUNTABLE, and that is how it is on the internet! If you never want to deal with disrespectful people, unfortunately then you need to stop using the Internet.

Just my 2 cents and speaking as a regular older guy thats been around the block

1 Like

What are you giving feedback about? Toxic people? They’re in every game, in some more in some not. Report him on Steam, block him and get on with your life.