Ok, now can we get a roadmap?

The ‘Skill Tree Update’ is now done.
Xbox crossplay is now done.

Where are we going now?
What can we expect for new content, and when?
Are there any plans to address the major sticking points of the game (crafting, MTX, weapon customization, story, and etc)?

I think its fair to request (once again) a roadmap of some sort. At this point even a tentative one would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

I don’t want a full timed Roadmap because FS will just make plans that they cannot follow well, if at all.

However I do agree I would like to see what directikn they are heading in with the game now, but considering we didn’t know about the class reworkds until about a month before they went live I think they will stay tight lipped about it, at least until after their winter break.

1 Like

Yea that would be awesome!

Hell, I’d even settle for we are working on x,y, and z…stay tuned! Lol

1 Like

Fatshark is incompetently/maliciously run: I really don’t want a roadmap because they’re utterly unable to follow a schedule, it’s like they got a mummy’s curse to always be late or something.

1 Like

It kills me that we don’t know whether FS is, as you say, incompetently or maliciously run. Or of course somewhere in between.

There’s an air of arrogance about them. And I’m increasingly of the mind that arrogance is at the root of their entire company.

They’re totally lacking in humility and constantly weasel out of admitting they were wrong or made a mistake. Their arrogance means they don’t deem it fit to be open and forthcoming with their players and customers (who they think are probably just a bunch of reject whiners). The tone of communications and the many off-handed comments from CM’s over the years reflects the leadership at FS on some level. They run to media outlets like PC gamer without sharing anything with the community at the same time. The list goes.

I like VT and DT a lot. They’re about the only games I have it in me to play these days. But there isn’t a week that goes by that I don’t wish someone other than FS was the developer.

4 Likes

A lot of their actions can be seen as malicious, not personally malicious like they were going, “We’re deliberately screwing the customer as much as we can,” but a business malicious “we’ll do whatever is legal and doesn’t get too much backlash to get as much money as possible.” and the “it’s just industry standard, right?” kind.

Their monetisation strategy is malicious, just because of the design, regardless of the intent. And it unfortunately warps a lot of the game around it.

The release could be argued as being malicious with the state of the game and the timing of it. Someone wanted that holiday spend and didn’t care about anything else. Even if they had justification for it beyond, “money, lol,” it was still a deliberate decision somewhere to release a half baked thing.

1 Like

B U N G I E M O M E N T

I’m starting to believe more and more that upper management (even above creative directors) determine how :poop: a games development will become based on how they have to please shareholder investors n’ stuff alike. I mean I say believe but we all knew that was how this stuff was done all the time. It’s just one of those things where you know good devs are there, but bad management, greedy suits, GW themselves (they can be a handful when they want to be) ruin it for everyone.

Make no mistake, I don’t think the devs should get off scott free either from criticism to be certain. My personal nuance just involves seeing who stands above the grassroots movement of game development and sticks their nose where it doesn’t belong in terms of making design choices that help or hinder player enjoyment. And usually the devs who are affected always cry wolf (Either to trusted Content Creators or News outlets) that management and pushes by Suits(Businessmen) always make the game fail.

If Fatshark have been working all year on some big juicy content expansion to the game then it may be shown off at The Game Awards on the 7th of December.

36 days until the TGAs

That’s about as good as it gets for a roadmap.

no, no roadmaps. every time fatshark’s posted a roadmap for something the game breaks and it takes like a year for updates to start back up. stop asking for cursed things.

3 Likes

a year into release were still getting daily posts from people utterly enraged that some feature didnt make it, dont think this communinity will interact well with such a feature,
Every single thing being tried will be taken as a etched in stone promise from god and and any failure to deliver on said feature will be clear sign of malicious incompetence and proof incontrevert that FS are actually evil.

2 Likes

Fatshark cannot be consistent with anything, a roadmap is a pipe dream

1 Like

If I was FS, I’m going to mess around with the 14000 first.

1 Like

If they post a roadmap, even a “tentative” one, the player base will hold them to every letter of it, and FS, being fundamentally unable to follow any schedule whatsoever, will fail to meet those expectations.

2 Likes

Never forget. It somehow disappeared miraculously.

My favorite part is “Tweak gameplay: Engage with community and listen to any feedback”

Frankly none of that happened for a year. Mod support and dedicated servers are missing to this day. And let’s not talk about technical improvements and community feedback kek

3 Likes

Kekkers. What a load that was. Reminds me of when Fatshark Robin was going around making fun of people for struggling with Chaos Spawn.

2 Likes

Ah those were the days. Kinda like the new CM making fun of people callig them ‘pearl clutchers’.

Time is indeed a flat circle.

1 Like

Because developing and following a roadmap is professional. They probably do have some form of roadmap, but they won’t share it with players. We’re just paying customers. It’s also possible that the roadmap is just a dart board in the employee breakroom. No one would share that.

2 Likes

I’d like a roadmap too.

But why would FS give us any? That just makes it easier for us to point out when they break deadlines again.

Besids, the only roadmap they seem to have internally is for releasing “”“new”“” skins.

2 Likes

I just want to know the general gist, what is their main focus? What else is being worked on? Crafting overhaul? New archetypes? Maps? Biomes? Enemies? Weapons? Other system overhauls?

But I think they know how new content hostile their systems have become, so any hype or excitement they generate will be immediately extinguished once players have to interact with any of those systems (crafting, mission selection, RNG in general, etc.).

1 Like

…must… not… make… sarcastic… post…
…must… resist… uuuuuurgh…
…such… effortt…