Ogryns need more toughness

Then don‘t do it.
Play on a lower difficulty, if you have problems staying alife when engaging the enemies.
If you are skilled enough to play on a difficulty, you (as an ogryn) do not really need to hide and wait behind anyone for anything.
Maybe try melee weapons with additional toughness regeneration.

It sounds like you are blaming your class (and other classes) instead of yourself.
Not a great attitude if you want to improve your performance.
But if you really are certain that the class is to blame, feel free to try the ones that you think are stronger and easier to play (imo ogrny is probably the easiest to play and stay alife with).

1 Like

In my opinion, the problem is not that the Ogryn needs more toughness.
The game is more biased towards ranged combat, which makes melee classes felt weaker than ranged ones. Ranged enemies way more dangerous in general and most of time in the game is spent taking out them.

Also ogryn’s defensive feats at 20 lvl are pretty bad - the Bloodthirst too inconsistent, rest do nothing 95% of the time.

You must troll

Your comment is very informative

Toughness is not a problem on Ogryn…
Really, it is not a problem at all. In fact Ogryns have everything that makes their life easier than any other classes… of course, this applies if you play in coherency.

Well, I think you didn’t read all of what I wrote.
So, I don’t have a problem with toughness anymore and that problem literally became non existent after they added an accurate ranged weapon, and I think that Ogrin is in the right place right now.

Also, hiding is important, in is necessery to know when not to engage, but I think you meant not doing anything, well let me correct myself, I do stand and do nothing only if there are only shooters in front of us, they are spread out, and I don’t have a weapon that is suited to counter them, instead I usually try to help our Veteran out, or wait out an opportunity to attack.

While I do agree that only blaming class is not a way to go, I think that doing that doesn’t really stop people from improving their performance, most of the time acknowledging the problem that you have is the way to improve. It may cripple your improvement, but only for short period of time, around a day may be.
Also, I wouldn’t say that I blame the class, I more pointing at his weakpoints, such as ranged combat to which toughness is more important than health(but recenty it’s not much of the weakpoint anymore), and I do it out of love, I want Ogrin to be even greater.
In the end I want to say that I adore Ogrin and will continue playing as him, and thank you for pointing out some stuff.

1 Like

I did read it.
I just have a strong dislike for ogryn players who use machineguns a lot.
I think that if there is anything in the game that can be called a crutch, it would be the ogryn machineguns.

Machinegun ogryn use teammates on squishier classes as meatshields, and rely on their gun to such a degree that they effectively remove any value that the ogryn class would otherwise bring.

They tend to spam their gun at everything, which means that they are basically non existent when it comes to crowd control and keeping teammates safe.
They provide no stagger against crushers and do not open up bulwarks.
They do not rush into ranged groups to tie them up in melee combat (although this would be the best use for zealots and ogryn, when it comes to fighting ranged enemies), which would make them safer and easier to kill.

I understand that people enjoy playing like that, but i do not enjoy being around them.
I initially did not comment on you mentioning the machinegun as your solution to the ranged problem, because i did not want to type out my dislike for machinegun ogryn.

1 Like

Oh, I understand now.
So, I think that Ogrins that do not protect their little buddies and shoot with the gun all the time are indeed kinda bad for the team, because it’s important to orient your actions around your teammates and Ogrin is the one class that is the best support and shines the most around his friends.

But gotta say, that I have never actually encountered this and your points on their behavior are usually very situational in my opinion(I am saying that because I tend to vary from rushing or not), but if they do it every time no matter of conditions then it isn’t optimal indeed.

Well, can’t talk much about taste, so good luck with the next Ogrin in your team, and have I nice day!

1 Like

I really agree, the shooters melt ogryns toughness. I mean like giving him 50 toughness more would be appropriate. Currently his weapons suck as they rarely kill anyone but rather stagger, which is weird considering the way he is supposed be able to rip off heads from orcs…I mostly main ogryn and play on damnation, I think having comments like “its a skill issue, etc” are not helpful but are rather deflective, of the issue which is his weapon balance. Considering he is a huge target, he really needs the toughness. A bit of umph or a feat that would give his weapons bleed ability, would be really appreciated, to stack that damage resistance.