Ogryn "Sustained Fire" penance either bugged with "Brutish momentum" or description isn't clear

Issue Type (Required):

Penances

Issue Description (Required):

Tried speeding up said penance by using brutish momentum to keep it at 5 stacks and light attacking, got 400-ish kills at 5 stacks, most with light attacks, in one game but only got around 60 in penance progress. If the intended way to do this penance is with heavy attacks please make the description more clear

Steps to Reproduce (Required):

1. Use heavy hitter with brutish momentum modifier
  2. Left click spam filthy heretics after stacking it up to 5 with heavy attacks
  3. Become sad ogryn as the penance doesn’t progress like you thought it would even though the boss said you made Emprah happy

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

Yes, and I’ve tried disabling them

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

PC - Steam

6 Likes

Even using heavy attacks it feels like it’s not actually taking into account all of the kills; it’s possible that with my build the bleed is killing some of the enemies and therefore it doesn’t count for the penance but as you stated all it says is that you have to “kill 5000 enemies while maintaining 5 stacks of Heavy Hitter”. No mods here, also on PC.

I’m having trouble with this one too.
What is the minimum hold time for it to register as a heavy attack instead of light attack? Anyone know? Maybe we’re not holding the attack long enough before striking?

It’s advancing very slow for me too and I can confirm that the light attacks don’t count.
You MUST kill with heavy attacks WHILE at 5 stacks.
Best weapon for this is the MK V shovel.

Reason this is slow is because there are a handful of party buffs that can prevent Heavy Hitter from starting, so you might be going through half the mission without being able to build stacks until you break coherency.

I thought this was a thing too, but I learned recently that the buffs are just hidden. They still all apply, the buff icon just doesn’t appear. I think it’s because they made all auras show up on there, so now there isn’t enough space anymore to display everything

Since the stacks thing isn’t described well in game (surprise surprise) I’m left guessing the actual mechanics of it.

Do we just have to get 5 kills in a row using heavy attack then a kill after that with heavy attack will register for the penance?

No. It procs on heavy hit. Kills start to count after you get 5 stacks and only count on heavy kill.

2 Likes

No. It procs on heavy hit. Kills start to count after you get 5 stacks and only count on heavy kill.

If that’s the case then they need to reword the penance because it doesn’t say that. That also makes it way more difficult to complete.

It depends on the weapon, how long you have to hold.
Go to the psykhanium.
Click repeatedly in order to do light attacks, then hold for a little bit and release to do heavy attacks.
You will see what light vs heavy attacks of your weapon look like.

If you do not hold for long enough, the heavy attack animation is cancelled and you do a light attack instead.
The heavy attack that is getting cancelled, and the light attack that is being performed instead, are visually different moves, so it is very easy to see.

It is described perfectly well.
You hit something with a heavy attack → you get 1 stack

But is that +5% damage applied only on subsequent heavy attacks or does it apply to light attacks (or any attacks) for the 7.5 seconds?

Considering that it does not say that the damage bonus is limited in some way, the reasonable assumption would be, that it is a general damage bonus.

It only increases melee damage.

This is the description of the penance as of today btw.

Not sure if or when it got changed, but right now, it does specify that heavy attack kills are required.

2 Likes

This is the description of the penance as of today btw.
Not sure if or when it got changed, but right now, it does specify that heavy attack kills are required.

Yeah I just came here to say that they updated it apparently, because it definitely did not say that a couple of days ago and I check it neurotically to see how much progress I’m making, lol. See you in several years when I complete it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.