New Weapon Ideas For DLC

I don’t know if there are any plans in the future for adding in more weapons, but I would personally love to see new weapons added to the game. Maybe added in as an arsenal update dlc or something, I would gladly pay for that.
It could also help bring back a lot of the players that have lost interest in the game.
I wrote up a word doc about some of the weapon ideas I came up with. They include all the details needed for attack patterns and other necessary aspects of melee combat. I tried to make everything as lore friendly as possible, so nothing that just completely breaks that is in there.
Here is a link to the document: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1biPhiyO1PRSv4d8eyF_epha-dKoXUUDF

1 Like

I really do think they have to use WH:O as reference and put in more repeater-styled guns, specifically for RV. Ranger vet is in a pathetic place ranged variety-wise, and with IB having two unique weapons, I don’t see the issue with giving RV something special too.

The idea of a duckfoot/repeater pistol is something that’s been put on Reddit, and that’s what i’d agree with. He could share it with Saltzpyre for all I care, really.

4 Likes

There’s been a lot of discussion about possible new weapons in the forum, and it hasn’t even been that long since the latest ones. If you want to find out about other’s ideas, I recommend searching the forums, but here are a few links:

Adding new weapons is something the devs have expressed their desire to do, and I think (at least practically) promised that they will come. What those weapons will be and when they come out, we don’t know, and adding them is a bit more work than just designing their appearance and moveset. In particular, each new weapon really should have a purpose, a fundamental difference to the existing ones to give a reason beyond mere visuals to choose that weapon over others. As an example, the Hochland Long Rifle has been suggested several times already, but I don’t think it would differ significantly from the current Handgun. Accurate, long range, high damage, long reload are words that describe them both (and that define the weapons’ place pretty well, I think).

There really aren’t that many options that work well within both the game and setting, and aren’t mostly visual alterations to the current options.

As an aside, I also don’t think they will be tied to DLCs, or even released as a separate one. As far as I know, the devs (and the players) weren’t that happy with how they worked in VT1, so I suspect they will be released as separate content update, equally available to everyone.

2 Likes

Yeah, Ranger Vet is definitely lacking in the ranged department.

I’d love to see ranger vet get throwing axes, which is as far as I understand, pretty lore friendly.

3 Likes

I would love to have these on RV since his range arsenal is boring (except for grudge) and this would make him unique aside from having 2 shots on grudge compared to blunderbuss. Also it doesnt help that I am currently playing Rdr2 and I use the throwing hatchets a lot lol.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.