New visual affect for being suppressed in game is very nauseating and should seriously be reconsidered along w/ all visual clutter this game has especially w/ no mod support so we cant fix this HUGE proplem

in title, i can barely play this game rn w/ this affect. i cant ask any of my stream to watch me play this horrible visual distortion. it goes w/o having to be said, this is a health issue for anyone thats sensitive to these flashing lightsexample of what im talking about

12 Likes

Jeezus. WTF?

nah its fine

1 Like

That legit looks like the high peril screen effect bugging the hell out.

YAY another psyker nerf. What have psyker ever do to you fatshark?

2 Likes

It seems to be affecting any screen border effect including but not limited to high perils, zealot charge and veteran plasama gun overheat.

3 Likes

This sucks, I miss Neuter Ult Effects mod

2 Likes

this is rediculous. why does there have to be a visual even for when we cant shoot straight. WE ALREADY CANT SHOOT STRAIGHT, dont need more clutter. while we’re on this subject: high peril psyker noise and distortion. why is that even in the game. can we get some sliders for that awful affect too. i like to hear the game and i dont wanna hear noise. literally no one does smh. salty hour

3 Likes

the suppression effect just plain looks bad and messes with the visuals, I hope we get an option to remove it all together. On Damnation the game constantly looks awful due to the enourmous amount of shooters

4 Likes

what are these devs doing lmao. Playtesting? What’s that?

5 Likes

First surge stuff effect and now this. Devs are realy trying hard to kill their playerbase.

4 Likes

2nd this. IT NEEDS to be an optional “feature” and not just be another unneeded element forced into player’s faces.

What is this?:
The VFX that happen when you are under suppression and are losing /out of toughness for the most recent update.

Reasons:

• breaks immersion & is more distracting than helpful
  • People (other than me) are complaining about it giving them nausea.
  • It does NOT work well with the already existing overlays for Psychers, Vets, & Zealots and sometimes will cause a strobe light effect. Not really good for people with epilepsy or people that don’t want eye sores.
  • The broken toughness color distortion + contrast changing is literally headache inducing as said by many on the steam reviews and discord.

This making the gameplay nauseating (not just for me but people are talking about it in the other chats aswell, with clips sent to me).
LINK OF DISCORD VIDEO TALKING ABOUT IT: Discord

;
LINK TO A TWITCH STREAMER CLIP OF THIS: Twitch

/\ The discord video and people talking about it…

Thanks for reading

2 Likes

I play on a 34" screen with 21:9 ratio. Looks even worse for me. Please remove these effects or give us an option to remove it

Warhammer 40000 Darktide 2023 01 25 suppression flickering - YouTube

The effect is awful. The flicker makes my eyes hurt.

1 Like

It’s the second time an awful visual effect got put in via an update seemingly without any actual testing. It’s infuriating that FS just really likes the idea of hurting people’s eyes.

This fix is a priority for us and has been corrected internally. It is slated to roll out very soon once we get a couple other things squared away.

7 Likes

Thank you.

Minor update here, we have a fix for Psyker’s suppression upcoming, the fix for this will occur in an upcoming build (but not this next one).

We have a fix working internally however, we’ll see if we can speed it along to this most recent one.

Edited after a bit more conversations with development.

3 Likes

“but not this next one”

does this mean “but not the next one” or “but not this, next one”?

We’re working on speeding it along for this coming one. It’s in testing now.

4 Likes