The idea is that for some Careers that are already similar to other Warhammer units, they could instead use the existing Career to add a ‘Sub-Career’. Either making the Weapons which have special stats, which change the way the Careers work, or by being mechanically fitting enough to make the Career feel different.
- Handmaiden could get a Sister of Avelorn setup
- Shade could get a Har Ganeth Executioner setup
- Ranger Veteran could get an Engineer setup
- Ironbreaker could get a Hammerer setup (hammerer’s hammer lol)
Careers without similar units could get some artistic license skin and unique Weapons instead.
PLEASE IGNORE STAT AND LORE INCONSISTENCIES, AS THIS IS JUST TO GIVE AN IDEA OF THE CONCEPT
Handmaiden (Sister of Avelorn):
- Weapon: Avelorn Bow (HM & WS only?)
- Weapon: Avelorn Spear (usable by all Careers)
- Skin: Sister of Avelorn
- Okri’s Challenges
- Voice lines maybe?
Difference to Career:
Stat changes can bounce off of Talents or be inherent to the Items/Item sets.
The bow could have a long cooldown between shots, but deal a massive long range AoE burst, and have the special equipment Trait of ‘Quiver of Plenty reduces the Cooldown, but no longer increases ammo capacity’, or something similar.
Having an entire Talent set and Passives attached to a Weapon could work in some situations.
The Weapon itself can be made slow or less mobile, or basically try to counter or amplifiy some of the Careers already existing stats, to give the Career a different feel when playing with it.
Changes to Ult or Passives?
Probably not likely, but it could be done to make it a little more thematic.
DLC or freeLC?
This completely depends on how much effort or change goes into it. As people will likely buy parts of it seperately too.
It also depends on how easy or hard their chosen method is. If they end up adding Skins and Weapon Skins, then it may be easier than adding actual Weapons.
- Fatshark can only make so many new Careers. They should be unique and different to already existing ones. This gives us a chance to see units that won’t get added as a whole Career in the game, as Sub-Careers
- New Skins, challenges, Weapons
- Keeps old Careers fresh, maybe offering chances for updates to them too
- Possible power creep
- MORE DLC?!?!?!
- Prefer them to be working on a different part of the game, e.g. maps
- It seems like it could be low effort for the money
- Depends on quality/price
Poll 2 (pick 2)
- Bug fixes
- New enemies/updates to old
- Deed/Crafting overhaul
People seem to want more maps and gameplay changes in terms of enemies and game modes above Skins and Weapons. They also want bug fixes and overhauls to old systems.
Don’t worry though, the mail-in votes haven’t been counted yet.