New force-swords variants don´t seem good in their place

Just tried around a bit…

1. The new waveclear-FS has a pretty good flow, has a good stagger on top and is still able to deal well with elites.
    It´s actually a good weapon, too good… it seems to make the duel-sword pretty irrelevant since the waveclear is easier with the better stagger, but it also still deals better with elites. And i just compared a white Illsi-FS with 313 rating to a orange 508 duel-sword.
    So far away from some personal preferences… it seems you deleted the actual “waveclear-weapon” and replaced it with a new one.

2. The single-target one is good aswell, but it doesn´t plays much different from the original in general. On top the elites aren´t that threat in the game sadly… it would suit Vermintide really good with Stormvermin behind each corner, but DT?! I don´t think it´s needed to have different variants of a weapon if they still do pretty much the same just with slighly tweaked animations. The future will probably tell which one is better in kind of breakpoints etc… while the other will not be picked anymore.
    Also don´t know if it´s a bug… but the new one actually shows more damage on light attacks than on heavy ones. Any it also plays somewhat like that when i oneshot any horde-adds with 60% damage on damnation.

EDIT: Btw such weapon-tweaks would be better in the game ON BLESSINGS. To define a playstyle by them would be a way better than sitting on meta-choices with X% damage.
More new weapon-variants will only make balancing harder and mostly will leave 50% or more weapons left in the shadows, while only one weapon but the option to tweak it via blessings would let the weapon be the weapon in its core, helps to keep stuff balanced and gives the player more options.

1 Like

Additionally the Deimos force sword does more DPS on a light attack spam vs a Bulwark’s open back that it does using the special attack spam. Seems backwards.

Duel sword has only been relevant for larping.

Still need to roll a good wave clear variant but just trying out some random 313 white with ok damage roll my overall first impression was the same that its probably bit too good.

Then again this patch hit massive powercreep into this game so its probably too early to say much.

I wouldn’t describe DS as “waveclear-weapon” it’s a precision/mobility weapon. Nonetheless, the new Illisi-FS is insanely powerful. Just slap slaughterer on it and it’s good to go.

If you were referring to the Catachan as “waveclear-weapon” then yeah it’s basically redundant compared to the new Illisi FS.

1 Like

Nah i actually meant the duel-sword since it´s about the class-specials. A new hardhitter weapon would be welcome since the normal FS is clearly an allrounder weapon, meanwhile the DS offers a better and easier waveclear.

But yeah looking at the sword in general, i would claim the same. Only the PS seems to be stronger than the new Illisi-FS. I really don´t get behind the balance-choices… it goes into a wrong direction.

I’ll take the Illisi on vet no jokes (If I could also get the passive damage boost psyker has just for that weapon). Running only Slaughterer already overperforms against shooters in melee without charge (against ps with charge).

Better AS, better attack pattern, more crit mod, easier to headshot with, and bloodthirst blessing if you have it… It performs worse against maulers and ragers, but honestly, I couldn’t care less about that when I can engage shotgun groups and slice them up without caring about the charge.

Still, I haven’t tried the new PS in game yet. Managed to roll a godlike one (Close to perfect actually) so that’s tomorrow’s project. The attack pattern seems pretty interesting.