Force sword moveset design is bad and you should feel bad

Illisi is the GOAT and stands so far above everything else ; not because it’s got better stats, but because its moveset is just miles above the others. It might have worse single-target damage than the Deimos and worse mobility, but at this point why care about this small drawback ?

Sure, the Deimos stabs pack some serious ‘Oomph’, but compare this to the Illisi’s sweeps ; to the ease of use of its special attack, which doesn’t require you to commit ; to how it allows you to stay at high Peril in melee to take advantage of high-Peril damage reduction and Damage boost … etc.

Anything other than the Illisi feels like hot garbage in comparison.
It’s just like the Ironhelm vs Cruxis special attack problem.

FatShark, please fix your weapons, for the love of God.

2 Likes

I agree with all. But i want to add my opinion: it is a shame that best melee weapon for a psyker is maccabian dueling sword m4. Because of damage, moveset and MOBILITY.

I have ALL weapons for psyker, and i need ot say that only option for force swords is have blessing for parrying in battle with daemonhost (u can tank him long enough).

Illisi good for horde killin but we have so much other good instruments to do this. Surge, flamestaff, voidstaff, traumastaff…even kolumnus 5 is good for this. Why we need illisi?

Standart blaze sword is trash.

Deismos good for killing and control armoured enemies (crushers), but maccabian do this BETTER. Why? Because u cant outrun horde with deismos, but it will be easy with maccabian 4. EVEN knife do better with armoured enemies then deismos. U can say - hey, force swords have cool ability to charge. Yes and (except illisi) is basicly useless.

2 Likes

Illisi is great, and Deimos is pretty good at single target damage. They’re both specialized weapons. The Deimos is going to struggle more against hordes, and therefore be harder to use, by nature of it’s design.

All 3 force swords have interesting movesets. The problem comes down to attack speed, cleave and damage, which needs to be looked at a bit more.

The second half of this is a bit subjective. Personally I prefer mkre damage compared to more mobility but both are good.

The problem is the dueling sword combines both and pretty easily outclasses all the other psyker weapons pretty quickly, except maybe in horse clear although its still good in that department if you know what you’re doing.

I have to disagree. You pointed out the oomph by Deimos stab attack. It provides not only hefty damage, but also an immense amount of stagger to the point of knocking Ogryn type enemies off their feet.
Incredibly satisfying.

That said, the Obscurus is the very definition of “meh”.

2 Likes

No matter how hard u knock a brick when avalanche comes to u. I look to use weapon or not from perspective of real auric damnation difficulties. Sometimes u look at 7 crushers and a horde of mutants\hounds and think - no, not today lads. For me - Mobility is ALL.

I mean yeah sure, the heavy stab knocks ogryns on their asses if you headshot, but you can’t exactly spam it because it’s the heavy 2. And in Hi-int Damnation when you got 6 crushers running at your team, I’d rather keep my distance and kite them with BrainBurst or the Surge Staff so my friends don’t get flattened if they make a mistake while dodge-dancing.

Except for this specific effect with the Deimos, there’s really not much it brings to the table.

1 Like

You can reach heavy 2 out of push and push attack now. Honestly Deimos is my favorite of the group. The strikedown light attack is great for quickly getting back to casting and it has more dodge than Obscurus while Illisi has the least (relevant when you’re on the worst dodging character in the game).

If the Deimos wasn’t so good without powering it up I would agree. The lights following the strikedown are all fast and have OK hitmass for ‘assassin’ tag moves. I don’t struggle with horde even with no horde staff. Push also gives the 2nd light attack for more control.

Its Obscurus that feels terrible for a plethora of reasons. Every move it has but the strikedown light is identical to Illisi, but with way worse attack patterns. And you can power up the Illisi to add targets cleaved lol. What is the point of this thing.

Outrunning shouldn’t be a thing even. Kiting with dodges, using obstacles, ledges - sure. But just outrunnig while spamming slide - bad design.

2 Likes

Deimos is great Illisi is great Obs is outshined by the other two.
Use the right sword for the right build, if you need more single target damage use Deimos if you need clear use Illisi. cant blame a fish for not knowing how to run etc…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.