Force swords need a little bit of a buff OR new force sword idea

so this is just something i though of when trying out the illis mk V which is that at least that one needs to have the soulblaze effect added to its special move since as it stands, when i use the thing the only reason i use its special move is cause its super quick to spam and gain the peril needed to than quell back for max speed toughness regen from quiettude. there aint much more to the idea aside from the though someone brought up in a post i made about this on steam that at bare minimum a 2 handed claymore force sword would be badass and i threw in the idea that it would be awesome if it got as its special move, a empowerment kinda like the power sword as opposed to every other special move being one big attack where for the next 30 seconds to maybe a minute, the thing would apply soul blaze and being a 2handed claymore, it would have high light attack and heavy attack dmg at the cost of attack speed but also hit in a WIDE cone infront of it.

I did not test the force sword that is focused on a single enemy…
But I tested the old force sword, that’s my choice for assassination missions. The Illis is also great for horde management.
Force swords don’t need a buff…

2 Likes

You can have that if you use the „100% crit chance after a kill with special attack“ and „apply 3 stacks of Soulblaze on crit“ blessings.
But the weapon certainly does not need this.

Excuse me for being this blunt…
What the hell, dude?

The force swords perform amazingly well.
Illisi is my personal favorite and if you do not see any use for activating the speical, other than building up peril, then i think you should stop giving any kind of feedback and go back to the game to do at least some basic testing.

the issue is for me is that the time it takes to apply the lube ends up leaving you open for the benefit of more power and cleave. its not too much to get excited over and as i stated on a different post. crap should be amped up to meet the place veteran is rn rather than everything be left as it is and vet being brought down to match them.

sidenote: this isnt about this post at all but just me wanting to state how annoyed i am that for somereason a warhammer forum censors the swear for crap…

There is no issue with the force sword.This weapon is extremly efficient without using the special attack
You should use it only for special enemies, Ogryns and boss.

Or for diving into a shooter party with the illisi :smiley:
So nice.

thats what i do

i mean given i play a soulblaze build and dont have explicitly dmg boosters but instead soulblaze spreaders, it isnt helpful enough to me to justify the peril cost and admitily short enough cast time.

And then you ask for a buff cause you it is not enough for you?
Seriously… I supported the idea of a flamer nerf, and I use it, I use the bolter and I think it needs a nerf, I stopped using the revolver (cause too bad and i take fun with shotgun and also the brassed colomnus) and ask for a buff…
You need to consider things in term of balance and not just for your personal benefit.

The force swords have seriously no problem at all.
This is one of the really good weapons of the game.

If you could find a problem with force sword is the number of blessings and the odds to get the blessings you want or need.

1 Like

I can only hope FS either doesn´t read this or finally stops patching for such claims…

Forceswords GOT VERY POWERFUL!

The first forcesword has been very powerful already and was in a really good and balanced state. But all the buffs and the new additions just make them busted that especially the Illisi-one comes close to perform like a PS. The Deimos is pretty much the old one just in better thx to animations aswell.

There is absolute no reason to buff them. If anything, we need nerfs on blessings and the Illisi a nerf in basestats. Poeple really need to stop being like “buff please, because i´m not good at melee” or “buff please, because i don´t want to deal with drawbacks / it doesn´t fit my build in its current design”, etc…
And reading stuff like “The only reason to activate the special is, that i can quell peril…” shows that you miss a lot of gameplay-knowledge.

Vet needs a nerf since dunno… release? Early access?

Poeple should get better at the game in the first case. The most just don´t and why? Because they rely on Vets stats and busted weapons with the excuse of being like “but my melee-toughness reg sucks…”.
The game offers 5 difficulties and sadly we got way too many buffs already which destroy every kind of skill-ceiling and offer pretty much nothing anymore for those who got used to the gameplay.

Really just stop with this “buff pls” attitude, otherwise we all can go play sedition and call it a day.

A 2h Force was already leaked, we don’t know when or how it will be.

Could work, kinda like the Vt2 Fire Sword, but would have to have some drawback to it compared to the rest of the Force Sword

Try light-Heavy combo two quick stabs that deal tremendous single target damage.

To OP: I agree with many here - force swords are extremely potent choices for the psyker and among the most versatile weapons in game. I can‘t see any need to change them.

1 Like

No it shoudn’t. Vet PS (i guess you mean that weapon) not so good at mobilty, while FS is.

PS
изображение

FS
изображение
изображение