New classes free, as DLC for real currency or for premium currency?

Imagine you played Vermintide 2, but there were only 4 characters, with one career each and they each had separate loot, and separate crafting resources, but the same grind. That’d be a hard pass for me.

Can we expect to get more careers/classes and if so will it be as DLC for money or premium currency?

1 Like

They’re planning on releasing a new class every 3 months. Knowing Fatshark, I highly doubt they will be able to stick to this plan.

1 Like

They made a dev blog about this - Classes in Darktide

Which, ended up partially being an absolute joke.

While similar, classes are not the same as careers (in Vermintide). Some of this will become clearer as you jump into our Closed beta this weekend, but most of it won’t show up until the full play experience closer to launch. More specifically, you can expect a deeper narrative experience, greater range, and more options in character customization. There’s also a more profound and wider progression in weapons.

This was basically a lie.

But yes, they’re planning more. unsure if they’ll be paid DLC or free. Which means that it’ll be paid.

1 Like

If there are going to be 25 classes, going by the current system it’d take you roughly 750 hours just to level up and kit out each class (30 hours a class).

That’s beyond insane.

3 Likes

and each of them will need a completely separate grind and have completely separate equipment etc.

Let me put that into Marketing speak: “Longterm engagement.”

I forgot about that. If every 3 months there’s a new class or career or whatever, in that case, all I want to know is if it’s free, for USD or Aquillas. If it’s the premium currency, they can keep it.

That’s anti-longterm engagement. I probably won’t try anything new until I know it’s not a slog. At the very least, I want items, currencies, and the like to be used across every class/career or whathaveyou.

Right now, I’m just trying to figure out where the game is headed and what the roadmap looks like because. I’ve enjoyed Vermintide 2 and playing it more than Darktide while I wait for Darktide to get better.

On day 1, I just played for an hour and quit due to the performance issues and incomplete gear upgrade, and the lack of currency sharing between my characters. If there are no plans to significantly improve the experience of starting a new character, grinding for gear, sharing in-game items/currencies between classes, and more non-premium-currency DLC classes, then I’m out. I’m under 1 hour of playtime since the release. I thought Vermintide 2 was a good baseline for what to expect from Darktide, but so far Vermintide 2 is a better game overall.

5 Likes

Well I mean… It was not a complete lie…

VT2 Career and DT Class differences:

• In VT2, you can only change some cosmetics, in DT you can make all the classes look the same except for the Ogryn
  • In VT2 when you level up a career you also level up the others for that character, in DT class = character and no sub classes that would level at the same time
  • In VT2 there is a character limit of 1 per party, in DT there is no limits, you can be all identical if you want
  • In VT2 you always have a selection of melee or a ranged career for character that you can choose from, in DT you are locked to a single playstyle

So it is true they are different. Gameplay wise, DT is clearly a downgrade from the previous system.