I think most people seem to like Necromancer, but some were hoping for more necromancy and summoning while some just didn’t want a Necromancer at all.
For those that have Necromancer, what do you think? Genuinely curious. Please reply and elaborate if necessary.
- Necromancer would be perfect with a few tweaks.
- I don’t enjoy playing Necromancer, not fun; and needs huge changes.
- Necromancer is perfect as is! How dare anyone say otherwise!
- More undead and summons, please!
- Awkward to use, too much micromanaging with the skull.
- Talents need some changes.
- Weapons need some changes.
- Career Ability (Ult) needs some changes.
- Other changes needed.
Here’s a little suggestion survey pick whichever options you think would be fun or improve the Necromancer. I think Necromancer’s overall talent tree and abilities are fine, but the Raise Dead talents at level 30 and the Skull of Command could definitely be improved or reworked. Also, I really like the idea of having a more summoner-centric playstyle as opposed to DPS, and I think summoning staves might be a great way to sacrifice your damage for some extra summoning capabilities.
The idea here is that instead of using a fiery staff if you want to play a more supportive role as a summoner, something like these could offer a few extra summons that can take on different roles. How many and their summon duration would depend on the specific stats of each one. In order to have some way of dealing with specials, I think they’d need the summon to like a charged alternate fire and mouse1 would simply fire a weak projectile for staggering/killing specials.
I think besides Sienna’s career ability skeletons, these might be best as much more temporary summons. For example, zombies being slow wouldn’t necessarily be aggressive or fast or do much damage, but they could act as a temporary shield and take some aggro, but not follow the team around.
- Staff to summon 2-3 zombies at a time (Fodder for taking aggro and staving off enemies)
- Staff to summon a skeleton (Just like Sienna’s ability skeletons)
- Staff to summon Cairn Wraiths (DPS / Special Seeker role)
- Staff to summon Grave Guard (DPS/Tank Role)
- Staff to summon Ghouls (DPS/Fodder)
- I don’t like the idea of summoning staves.
Obviously, choosing all the options below would be a bit much, but honestly, I think any one of these options would be an improvement to how it currently works. Personally, I lean towards making the old skellies linger longer than 20 seconds and providing some extra cooldown reduction. Most people seem to agree Army of the Dead is a weaker talent and a bit disappointing.
- Raise Dead should summon more skeletons, like say, 12 at at time.
- Double uses of the Raise Dead or something similar to Sister of the Thorn’s Radience granting an extra use every 60 seconds.
- Skeletons should last longer than 20 seconds after using Raise Dead again.
- Give Raise Dead extra ability cooldown reduction.
- ‘Army of the Dead’ is fine as is.
I think skeletons in general could benefit from benefit from a little more health, but if I could I’d try seeing what choosing all three of the options below would do, if done in moderation. Again, I think most people agree this talent is a bit weak.
- Give the Skeletons better DPS
- Add a few more skeletons
- Give them a little more health.
- ‘Barrow Blades’ is fine as is.
This is just an idea that I had when I realized that there are more powerful skeletons in Warhammer, that look pretty cool. This is just a cosmetic change, but they do look neat as they are. I think this talent is fine as is
- Make them look like Grave Guard!
- Actually, I think the talent could use some other tweaking…
I heard an idea that the skull could be equipped on using the ability button, ‘F’ and I like that idea, but I also think having to constantly refresh the attack command is bad design too. They should just continue attacking for some time when the attack is issued instead of resetting after the target is gone. Pick either of the suggestions or feedback options you agree with.
- Instead of making the Skull of Command tied to the potion slot, equip it by pressing ‘F’, while equipped, pressing ‘F’ will use the Raise Dead Ability when it is ready.
- Instead of having the attack command expire after the target is gone, have skeletons automatically acquire new nearby targets prioritizing monsters, elites, and specials for for ~20 seconds after using the command.
- The Skull of Command is awkward to use and needs to be changed.
- The Skull of Command is fine as is.
In summary, (all the weirdness of a Myrmida worshipping Necromancer in the U5 aside) I like Necromancer, but Sienna’s other three careers are fairly DPS-centric, and so is Necromancer which to me feels a bit disappointing so I don’t use her often. I was hoping for more focus on summoning skeletons. As a Necromancer, I feel my role is relegated to being a second-rate Pyromancer who micromanages a pitiful six skeletons. She is okay, but I think some changes are needed.