Natural Bond + Mods = Problem

This mod enabling bad players to be kicked is about the only good thing that’s happened to the game since launch.

1 Like

natural bond is very subtle in it’s healing that’s why people don’t notice it in a group setting. most of the time people complain because healing potions are wasted due to nb user being wounded. but they don’t see all the other times when small hits and friendly fire are healed right back up to full.

i love it to bits because i can take friendly fire and accidental hits and not feel terrible because i’ve lost that health permanently. it also forces me to play well because i can’t afford getting hit at all. makes the game more fun and also you learn a lot of nuances about enemies and boss attack sequences. for example the 360 attacks of bosses that people complain about all the time and how to watch out for danger moments where it may happen (back off or block during those times)

it’s playstyle as well i suppose. i prefer to advance slowly, pulling ambient mobs slowly to my position with ranged (ala old school wow dungeon style) and let horde calls pull ambients as well, so the party has a clear map to pick off specials or bosses when they appear. over the weekend i’ve been in many runs where people just rush headlong into ambients, triggering more ambients, then an ambush comes out, or a boss comes out, and it’s so messy and all the damage they took be avoided if they just were patient for 10 more seconds. for example against the grain last portion, we lost 2 grims and 2 tomes because our 2 tanks decided to just rush for the exit, triggering 5 chaos warriors, countless maulers, berserkers and getting surrounded by the whole horde as well. if people are used to a manic rushing risky pace i guess natural bond wouldn’t be a very good trait for that.

3 Likes

Yep, pretty much this. I run NB on almost every character and don’t bother with these people, it’s not worth it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.