My General Feedback after 100 hours

So, I have now 2 Chars on Level 30, Zealot and Sharpshooter and like to state a Feedback.

Overall I am into Warhammer Tabletop and P&P for 25 years now and I say, you impressed me. A lot.
The Architecturem the Text Lines, how folks talk, think and act. The game oozes 40k atmosphere.
I would love so have a Stalker like Singleplayer game in that Hive City, so much I like to stroll around there.
Every game is more and more and improvement and it clearly shows that you guys know what Warhammer is about…(ok, when Kruber got Grail Knight your knowledge ran into a wall, but anyways…).
Jesper Kyd. I just the read the name and knew big will come around. Oh boy. It is such a good soundtrack I listend to it at home. Clerical, Blade Runner, Industrial and just Imperium Epicness, that music nails it.
The Gunplay is ach so good. They look good, they feel good they sound amazing. Such a fun to shoot.
The models of NSCs and characters are so nice, I wish GW would produce them.

And now I stopped and there is some kind of hollowness. Why so, if all is so great?
First: I was mostly forced to play with randoms and most of them are just stupid or too young or both.
All my friends on Steam are mostly turned off, because missing private lobbies. Yeah, they are now here, but idk if I get them back on board. Some friends dont buy because Gamepass and you still dont explain why its not possible. Some just dont have the time for it. Some dont like any class.
And thats my major problem.
I sunk parts of my lifetime into V1 and V2, grinded all day and Night, hat a blast and all, but people are done and myself with your weird RNG mechanics.

So, now I have 2 Level 30 Chars and I am not interested in playing atm, because all I do now is checking every hour for items.
These items are generated random. Their stats are random. Their color is random. The blessing is random.
Even on Level 30 I cannot buy a grey weapon with 380 worth. Even these stats are random.
Then I grind the weekly and get on daily basis, you guessed it, random items.

Today a patch dropped and in the game it says “remove a perk and choose 1”. Choose! I just get a random one.
It just drives me crazy. Why am I now forced to just roll dice all day to get the stuff I want.
If I now would just can buy the things I want, it would be all more interesting. Try stuff out, go in more Threat 4 and 5, etc.
But no, I am forced to deal with a complete crappy system. My zealot has 2 very nice orange weapons for my veteran, but I cannot switch them over. Yeah, would be a thing in 2022 to manage my account properly.

I seriously want to play this game. It is fun. But now I reached a limit and just be forced to deal with complete random mechanics to do the same thing over and over and over is not fun. People grew older, have other stuff to do than just gaming.
Yeah, you sold surely well. No doubt. And maybe you can just ignore this. But I think you proved now 3 times that you have a deep knowledge of Warhammer, but struggle with implemeting some fair mechanics.
Its not even pay to win, because its all day PvE. Its a coop game, so let us play with the toys.
Hunt:Showdown now has a new event. I can choose completely how I want to play it. I can buy the whole progression, I can buy partly, I can just mindless grind, I can use the new mechanics to try things out and improve my gamestyle, I can mix it all…its up to me. Its a real Sandbox Experience, which is great. And guess which games my friends are playing atm? Not yours because the huge momentum is vanished.
Yeah, Darktide is no Sandbox, but please consider to change these weird RNG mechanics.

It has the potential to be the best 4 Player Grind Shooter Game out there, you invested in many good things, design is top notch and will surely be defining 40k, but the game is exhausting people, where the fun should start. Level 30, all Traits unlocked, now it really can shine and its artificially blocked out. That is really sad.

4 Likes

Edit: Sry about typo, i am just a tab bit dissapointeed :confused:

You have so very good points that i feel a lot when i play. The fact that we cant even target spesific weapons for contracts/Emerorgifts or just get a weapon with decent modifiers is lame. The potential is nuts insane, but the grind combined with 0 choice in what you get is silly to put it in a nice way. Even the games i play a lot is less than 300 houers, but Darktide wont even give me good items in that time and the ability to be creative with my builds. The whole item pregression system is to slow/random and only being able to switch one perk or get good blessings by having saved some old ones is just tiering. Happy Christmas.’

1 Like

I think this is where the rubber meets the road. Tabletop was purely what you could Customize. And if you had a group of friends who like to experiment and do whatever, it truely became a sandbox. The game was how fun we could make it. We werent forced into anything unless thats how we wanted to play. This sense of joy and discovery is lost when you cant craft a new weapon just to see if you like it. You are forced to RNG and maybe the shop has one… A lot of people mentioned they are replaying the shop, not missions. Thats just bad game design.

Darktide has removed this customization and it doesn’t feel great. With min-maxing all people ever care about, everyone is going to want the meta weapon or build. Which is ok to do, but there doesnt seem to be a way to get it by playing the game, just checking shop every hour.

1 Like

All good, typos only matter to people, who need weak arguments. :wink:
Yeah, thats all my points. I just dont know how you can now make a 3rd game with such a weird mechanic. Its not 90 and Diablo 2 any more. And if you played V1 and V2 its even nore crazy, how less progression there is.
The big issue with RNG and Chance is: There is a possibility that I never ever will get the weapon I want and need.
I dont feel confident to even try Threat 4 and 5, because my Gear is not good enough, so there is a possibility I will never try that.
My Zealot uses Knife and my build works around that. And Bolter. So I need 2 weapons. 2 specific weapons, with very specific Perks. So getting these weapons at first is RNG and then Worth and Perks are RNG, too.
If I would choose I would just keep the whole system. BUT…when you reach Rank 30, every possible Item is always buyable Grey and Worth 380. All time available and that you then use your Money, Plastseel, etc. to build the things you need.
And I dont see a reasonable reason why they shouldnt implement this. It wouldnt take fun away, it would be fair, etc.
Making every reward random is no reward.

2 Likes

Yeah, and thats another point which drives me crazy.
I have Zealot 30, Sharpshooter 30. I dont want to play Ogryn or Psyker so I dont have anything to do.
I just start the game, check shop and close it.
And I stopped doing that to, because if you think what you are doing there, you question your whole lifestyle. :smiley:
I dont even bother the weeklies any more. Its just grind to unlock another Random mechanic.
Its just 1 week and now a great designed and stylized game just gets boring.
At least some class specific rewards, or that I can access all items (Like having an item pool from all chars and then use freely…just makes me mad that my Zealot has a nice Lasgun, my Sharpshooter has a crappy one and I cant hand it over!).

1 Like

Yea, D2(Diablo 2) had a stash and that came out over 20 years ago. A player stash for weapons should be a no brainer. Oh and Vermintide had a stash…just confused…

I have the best lasgun on my psyker that I wish I could give to my Veteran.

Yeah, I cannot imagine the Designers playtesting that all and say “Man, thats the S***! That is so fun!”

Feels like the Progression system is made for people that want to play the game more than 1000 houers in like 3 months, not that i have anything against them, but i wont do that no matter what. Average lad will not play that much and it kinda sucks that i dont have the ability to customice easily.

However the gamplay is all in all good and feels great. The progression system is the only thing that kinda holds me back. If the progressionsystem was better i promise you i would have baught all the aquilas for them juicy skins, but the progression system makes me sad :frowning:

1 Like

And that is another good point. I am willing to spend money on a game I like to keep it running. Again, Hunt:Showdown, but these guys got a lot more from me, than just the base game. They communicate about most stuff, they try out, improve, change, etc…bit buggy lately, but still great.

If I would have just my Wishlist Items and I could enjoy it more and I would be willingly buy Aquilas.
Sad thing is that I doubt that I get all my friends back.
They got so messed up with Random Players and Items…so all the RNG stuff, that they already lost interest.
I am not 14 any more and cant play all day, especially not 3-4 different MP Games.
Darktide could be a nice laidback run with friends or cool other players, which is possibly challenging, but then you need the Gear for it. And its a sad feeling that my Level 30 feel incomplete and will stay there.
Or I play Ready or Not with my Best Man.
There you have free Access to all Gear (3 are DLC, but ok) and it feels so rewarding to win a match after you tried out, what finally worked.

One more note, a smal one to be fair, but what is the point off skins or your charachter when you can’t even see them ingame by pressing a button to go 3rd person for picuters and looks in general?

Well, I see my char so often, thats okayish, but I see the point, after it was possible in V2.

Nothing against your overall opinion, but such players that you meet will think and say the same about you so… It´s just a stupid modern “Me, the best!” - gaming mind especially in coop or team-based PvP games. “Always the others…” if we gonna lose and such. That´s why poeple won´t get better.

Also… how have you meet your friends? All in reallife? I guess some of them coming from other games where you´ve played with them randomly together. So what´s the point? Private lobbies do kill such coop-games way more than being forced to play with randoms in a coop-game.

Again nothing against your opinion, but what? Hunt Showdown is cashgrab Nr.1 since its release. They sheet on Vets from EA, new content is rarely a thing, communication outside of discord-fanbase not existent.
Every months about 2 DLC´s with a huge price increase and less in them on top. Their events are nothing but Battlepass seasons trying to force you to spend dozens of money with FOMO.
The list goes on…

And what do we get? A half-baken game running quite bad without the best hardware. Bugs from EA are still in the game and for more than a half year a gamebreaking reload-bug the devs had and just clearly ignore on their own gameplay-video.
New maps, new bosses? No… better bring dumb tools like the beetle into the game, meanwhile copy&paste existing guns with a new scope and call it a day.
Not to mention the rest of all the long-time bugs, cheater issues, server issues and that they allow 3rd party tools, which are clearly against their own conduct.

This game is a classical “miling the cow” game and overall Cryteks only income. But hey, they have been proud on themselves since they changed the extraction-message back like “We heard you…”, when there was not even any need to change it.

Crytek is far worse and more cashgrabby than FS at this point. Even the new event and its huge grind, compared with a 4500BB pack for the stuff from last year and again a mission like “Buy this DLC.”, shows that.

Its not about “me the best”, its about randoms ruining games. And that happens. And yes, my friends are real, we just met in AMsterdam, came together. Others are family and so.
So, whats your point?
You dont understand the core of my critics here, nitpick on 2 points and rant all over.
You cannot expect a mature response to that immature behaviour?

I don´t rant and i didn´t nitpick to you personally.

I just said that others think the same about you “as random”. It´s an overall bad mind these days like “Üüüüh randoms suck!”. There are good ones, there are friendly ones, there are some that may become RL-friends.
And i guess you, me, your friend or whoever lost runs by themselves aswell, no matter if it was missing skill, a bad decision or just bad luck.

But yeah, the stuff about Hunt is real. I like the game aswell and have my hours into it, bought stuff etc… but there is like 3 guys only supporting it anymore and 2 of them take care for nothing but DLC´s and Battlepass stuff.
Und wenn du mal Bock auf ne Runde hast, sag Bescheid. :wink:

If you start talking about me its per definition personal.
Of course I had good games with randoms and I didnt stop playing, because of them, I never said otherwise. I stopped playing because in end game I still have to deal with that awful RNG things and play shop, instead of enjoying the game.
I just said my friends were turned off because of that and missing private lobbies.
Darktide is far from being a finished game, but its sold as a finished game.
And I understand why people stop interest, when they dont have a 40k Fanboy Background, as me.

1 Like

Fatshark truly grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory with this progression system.

1 Like