My fellow 🧝‍♀️ 🧝‍♂️ elves!

When did I say I didn’t play?

My first game post launch was champion solo+bot. Easy as pie.
Running spear to assert changes.

The nerf is probably negative, but I don’t think WS was the most affected.

My bad confused ur post w/ nick.

So since the nerf made the class useless according to you.
What class you think are best for champion + ?
Thanks!

Kruber and Salty.

1 Like

I do play Handmaiden. Because it’s fun. And if you can clear a Champion run with HM without being a weight to your team, then it’s viable. It’s far from the best class, but I love her x)
And except Sword/Dual sword, I do think all weapon are good.
Dual dagger, good for Shade, the new follow up charged attack (from VT1, was already in beta) is really nice to keep up backstab damage
Spear, nice for mobility and control
Glaive, the armour destroying 2h axe. And cleaving is so good
Wardancer blade, feels like a finesse Glaive, more slice in hordes, more headshot than armour destroy.
Sword and dagger, versatile weapon, my usual choice in VT1, think I’m gonna stick with them. I like other weapons but this just do everything

1 Like

most of her melee weapons feel quite good right now, but i don’t know if that’s because of individual buffs or because of how much of an insane nerfbat they swung at the enemies. a couple definitely got buffed but the history of these forums has taught me i shouldn’t be open about that and say which weapon or if a weapon is good or not, less someone shows up and tells you spears can cleave chaos warriors and are better at wave control than 2H hammers. experiment with them yourself and i’m sure you might be surprised.

• HP regen is definitely worthless on champion without curse resist or a +health stat roll (everyone is going for grims, let’s be realistic) and as a result the ammo regen talent is basically gone and the party regen talent somehow got made even worse. this part sucks but at least i’m not relying on it as a crutch anymore. maybe i’ll itemize a bit differently too.

• the ammo nerf is not that bad. i’m rolling with a swift bow and am doing fine. it is noticable, but rather than a party mowing down an entire horde and not caring there’s some thought to it now. doesn’t really add up with how much easier everything is to cleave, but ya know…

• i feel like the handmaiden definitely has potential, especially if player and enemy balance shifts, but right now i see being a killing machine as far more beneficial to a squad. shade i’m not sure about, but i also haven’t really sat down and tried it much at all and i’ve seen a few people play it quite well so maybe there is something there.

this, entirely. staggering a chaos warrior with a longbow to the head was shocking to say the least. spear does swing a bit slower though. can’t tell about its cleave considering everything is cleaving ridiculously right now.

1 Like

Birdie, Birdie, Birdie. Again you fall to childish insults whenever someone disproves your ‘point’. How about you grow up a little?

1 Like

Sienna feels like she got buffed overall (equipment changes) but I can’t reall compare numbers since passives don’t give %s. No change for unchained as a class though, which I’m sad about.

Was never really op outside of veteran

2 Likes

Yea, kinda lazy changes but they work and arent drastic so I’m honestly fine with them. Staffs are still ridiculously strong tho

I’m a bit pissed that flamethrower staff can get the “on headshot” trait. What EFFIN headshot?

I’d really just like to see some changes to the Handmaiden, she doesn’t really feel all that unique. How much farther is the “increased dash distance” anyway and the uninterruptable revive seems pointless? I’ve heard there are still bugs with her dash too. I’d like to see an aggro drop and a longer stagger on dashing through enemies.

1 Like

I am Elf player atm 30 (+9) 512 hero power. ALL I CAN SAY TO ALL NERFs is to post this lyric :

“…So play your class like it’s the last,
Day of the x-pac,
Don’t live in the past,
We will always be, always be, tough through every patch,
But we all know well, nerfs and buffs will pass.
Won’t you come on, and come on, and, Play. Your. Class.
Just come on, and come on, and, Play. Your Class…”

By nerfing us they making us stronger.
It’s your call - you can lay down and cry or:

“You can join our little club,
Where we always, where we always,
Crank it up and pwn…”

I mean, you can headshot with the flamestorm, it just doesn’t have a head shot modifier.

I thought you couldn’t. Training dummies show f-all and when you use it in game you can’t really tell if it’s a headshot or a crit.

i was a Kerillian player till today, tested ironbreaker with drakefire pistols and must say: that hero is ways too op now compared to waystalker, gonna main it now.

2 Likes

From what I’m hearing I think you’re right.

That ammo nerf is just to much! I can go with the health regen nerf, but hangbane is now useless.

Maybe after Waystalker level 25 where I get ammo refunded for my special attack, it may be useful again. Before rather not.

I thought hangbane was designed to kill hords. Now it doesn’t kill anything without the ammo. The first nerf of the ammo of hangbane was ok, but now it’s a bit much.

the spear got nerfed but its still the go to weapon for the elf for crowd control and dps. 2h sword doesnt even come close. the glaive is really good though.

Playing a lot on higher difficulties there are 2 types of WS you encounter.
1st one uses a bow with ammo on headshot or ammo on crit. He aims for headshots makes shots count clears elites and specials thins out hordes and clears up with Spear or Glaive and also uses them on close enemies. He is at over 50% ammo at least at all times and ends up with good stats.
2nd type runs “Bow with the most ammo” mindlessly spams into hordes and doesn’t go for headshots on Specials. Rat Ogre ? Just spam that swift bow in its back. They end up with bad stats and most damage taken. Then they complain that they never have any ammo and Waystalker is so bad and overnerfed.

Yes there are things that need fixing like regen aura effects from passives continuing even when at 50%.
But this hardly makes it nerfed into the ground.
WS is more than viable in the highest difficulty.
I usually hate to use it as an argument but if ammo or damage is a problem that is a problem of wrong gear or wrong playstyle.

Also Shade wasn’t really nerfed. This talent was adjusted from 25 to 15 percent for every career.

Handmaidens strengths are non noticable on low difficulties but on the higher difficulties her stamina regen that grants nearly unbreakable block and charge are a real asset to the teams succes and makes your life a lot easier.

IMO for the highest difficulties Kerillians careers are the most balanced ones because every one fullfills the intended role equally good.

1 Like