Mouse lag

Just started having this issue… I haven’t changed a thing with my pc (including mouse settings), Steam (normal version), or Vermintide 2 settings (outside of mouse sensitivity AFTER the problem began). In the middle of a game earlier today where I wasn’t hosting, I randomly got horrific mouse lag. I put the sensitivity in the game all the way up and it was still laggy. I noticed that it’s normal if I host, but joining games even on green ping, it’s unplayable. Never experienced this before and I have no idea how or why it started.

Do you own a gaming mouse with adjustable DPI settings - and did you accidentally hit a button on your mouse that adjusts your DPI? (Also, for clarification, when you reference “mouse lag” and having to adjust sensitivity in game, are you referring to the fact your mouse suddenly started moving slower than usual?)

On my Logitech mouse, for example, I can adjust my mouse DPI settings by clicking a button near my scroll wheel. While it’s unlikely that I would press it, I have in the past by accident and that would either increase or decrease it depending on what I had it set to.

I don’t think I’ve ever had this issue in game after 1200+ hours, and just wanted to offer this suggestion to you, as it seems like more of a local issue than a game issue, but you never know ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Nevermind :slight_smile:

The latest Steam client update has introduced this issue; mouse sensitivity will change involuntarily after opening the Steam overlay - we’re working on it.

1 Like

Just wanted to provide some more info to your original post in case it helps resolve the issue. I just had it happen to me actually.

I played this non-stop for about 5-6 hours without the issue today, then I did a Quickplay about 5 minutes ago, which loaded the map “Hunger in the Dark”, and my mouse sensitivity went out the window. After the mission, I exited the game, disabled my Steam Overlay, and everything was fine. I was the host, in this case, so it definitely can happen if you are hosting too.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.