More Abhumans in the future?

Veterans mentioning Ratlings, Psykers mentioning Felinids, players mentioning tech-priests… (I know they aren’t abhumans, but bare with me lol) What about my space dwarves!?

Is it possible that we are going to get more abhuman classes in the future? Or are we only going to have the Ogryn and Psyker be the only abhumans? Hell to me the Psyker isn’t even an abhuman just because… well… looks human.

Let’s have some more abhumans fighting for the imperium, really broaden out the player silhouttes a bit more, add some more distinction to the classes.

Idk, anyone else wanting more abhumans in the roster?

2 Likes

Technically I want them (except the felinids, no furries), but I’m almost sure they’ll just reskin the existing classes with different careers to be more cost-efficient on the development front, especially since they’ve already established the tradition for it.
I’m also hesitant to talk about developing new careers before the core systems are done and the base careers have been set up to a baseline level.

there are leftover lines in the code that either are groundwork for future careers or residue of things they scrapped, either way

it specifically mentions “gun lugger” ogryn class that focuses on Suppression and getting bonuses against suppressed enemies

and a squad leader character that commands some kind of minion units that gets bonuses for allies and ally deaths (with indication that it is a guard type character((maybe comissar?))

The fu*k did I just read? Furries??? :rofl:

Practically all the Abhuman are gonna be either very unlikely or very much impossible.

The one that are the most likely would be the Ratling and the Squat, the Squat having already been blocked by FS, this leave us with the Ratling

But there are problem with a Ratling inclusion:

• Redundant: Veteran Sharpshooter is already a precision shooter, and we know a Longlas is coming soon, Ratling’s core being is being Snipers
  • PoV: Ratling, like Bardin in VT, are at the same height as the other characters when they are crouching, making it a hassle with the cover system
  • Nothing exclusive: The Ratling don’t really bring anything new to the game in term or weapon or equipment

If we get multiple additional Archetypes (Remember that they haven’t confirmed that there will even be any), it will most likely gonna be big aspects of Mankind, starting with the most requested, an Admech Archetype, and possibly going toward Sister of Battle

2 Likes

Honestly depends on how GW wants to have abhumans portrayed, since they apparently keep in tight communication on the lore of anything put in the game.

Ogryns and Ratlings were pretty safe bets, since they’re both mainstays in the guard model range and considered fairly common in the lore, but many of the other abhumans have technically been redacted or retconned and not really seen in years. Necromunda has a Squat (space dwarf) bountyhunter character but in lore the original squat population was basically genocided by the tyrranids, with the emergence of the Votann as the space dwarfs reboot idk if GW would greenlight new Squats casually showing up elsewhere.

Necromunda also has a Beastman abhuman character, Beastmen were like a sidegrade to Ogryns in the Astra Militarum where they were more inteligent but also more bloodthirsty and weak to corruption by chaos. Last I checked Beastmen were retconned by being changed to unsanctioned (get purged on sight) because of their affinity to chaos (in Age of Sigmar they are literally just servants of chaos), so again no idea if GW would be willing to sign off on a whole class of them.

Navigators would be way too rare and important to end up as members of the expendables. As for Felinids, I dont know if GW even knows what they would want a Felinid to look like (hence the TTS skit about them). As best as I understand they were a niche bit of the lore dreamed up in the 90s and if they have any models, they havent been officially produced for decades, so it would be a bit strange imo for their first official appearance in the modern lore be revealed as a class in a shooter game, and not as a big thing on the tabletop or something.

yeah im 100% with you,
in terms of non (standard) human like characters i could see them add a xeno’s as our inquisitor is seemingly part of the radicals
and those sometimes work with xeno’s

biggest problem would be fitting it in the narrative,
why would he merge a one off xenos with a bunch of chaff troops? hard to pull off, but doable

im not a lore expert on non playable xenos races but i think there are some allowed to exist that could fit.

and of course eldar do sometimes work with humans and i would put them as the most likely as other playable races don’t quite fit the bill

orks tend to not work alone and only do mercenary work in the confines of their bosses goals (would be hilarious tho)

necrons don’t make sense as their sentient units are too powerful

tau/kroot possible but would need alot of context how they ended up in tertium as fodder

others don’t really engage with the Imperium