Modded Server infinite loading w/ Peregrinaje: Misfortunes

Issue Description:
Players attempting to join one another with Peregrinaje: Misfortunes mod active will get stuck loading in. This happens to a number of players, but not to others. I’ve taken all this information to the mod author Isaak, but he can’t find a reason why it is happening. He suggested that I take all this information and post it here because the issue started after the Anniversary Update with no changes to the mod on his end.

If it turns out the problem is on Isaak’s end and it’s an issue with the mod, he has no idea what the issue is, so I’m hoping to at least get some clarification on the nature of the issue and what might cause such an issue.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play Peregrinaje: Misfortunes on Modded Server with the two required mods.
  2. Attempt to join a friend’s game or have a friend attempt to join one’s own game.
  3. Game gets stuck loading in.

Platform:
PC

Reproduction Rate:
Constant

Console Logs:

02:25:59.676 [SteamTransport] Failed to send a message to 11000010e654705 because there is no connection
02:25:59.676 [Connection] Connection to 11000010e654705 broken in transport layer.

When a friend tries to connect to me and gets stuck loading in, and I exit, I also get stuck on a loading screen before exit, and the log file displays the above message repeatedly, sometimes making the log several gigabytes large if I didn’t force the game to stop quickly enough.

Here is the console log from when I get stuck joining a friend:
console-2023-03-14-01.27.00-e4006929-9682-446d-8eb5-0f7bed4bf8e4.zip (46.5 KB)

20:47:18.946 [EACServer] [22:47:18:946] [Windows] [EAC Server] [Info] [QueueClientUpdate] Client: 011000010EF3BEFB Session: 1 Status: Client Authentication Failed Message: Authentication timed out (1/2).
20:47:18.947 [EAC] Peer 11000010ef3befb switched EAC state to ClientAuthenticationFailed
20:47:18.947 [EAC] Peer 11000010ef3befb should be kicked according to EAC with reason: Authentication timed out (1/2)

I tried connecting to the mod author since his game works correctly, he compared logs from when I tried to join him and from when he tried to join me and the game failed to load us in. The above EAC message doesn’t seem to be in his log. He believes it may be the issue.

EAC says inactive in the launcher.config file when I load up the game modded, but the log shows EAC messages; is this normal?

I’ve passed this on internally to our Sharks that handle mod-related things. I’ll update you when I hear back from them!

@Ensrick, a shot in the dark, but do you, or whoever was host, use the Disconnection Resilience mod?

I ask, as I was speaking with Aqshy and she mentioned having a very similar issue before which turned out to be caused by this.

It might actually be built into the mod itself, but no I don’t use it. I see the chat messages saying it freed up packets, so I think Isaak might’ve thrown it into the mod; I’ll ask.

No, the mod: disconnection resilience is not active or included with Peregrinaje, but bandwidth freer is included; however bandwidth freer only stops certain animation packets from being sent.

@FatsharkLev any chance you could give me some troubleshooting hints as to what the nature of this issue is and what else might cause it?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.