Mod for shirtless?

hi,

i just played with someone shirtless and was surprise to see it, he told me it was a mod but i can’t find it.

Any help?

Mods dont affect other people.
When you mod your game, only you will see the effect and that includes cosmetics.

Im guessing that he somehow managed to trigger an old bug that was fixed ages ago. No idea how tho.

that mod isnt supposed to be shared since last time it was wide spread fatshark had to ban patch it because GW doesnt like shirtlessness.
you can either make it yourself or perform a penitent crusade in order to be given a copy.

5 Likes

Well, i’m bad at modding so my only hope is someone to share it.
I miss my shirtless ogryn x)

Wait what? This whole time i thought that was a bug…

There was a mod some time ago (3-5 days) that injects code to the darktide server (the mod has been removed for nexus website).

If it is one of your friend, he will take a (forced) vacation from darktide soon… cause it is totally forbidden. This is the only limit to the mods enforced by fatshark and that can lead to a ban.

you can still play with “for the drip” mod and get shirtless… but only for you (and without taking the risk to get a ban)

1 Like

The first time it has happen it was indeed.

1 Like

hm, i still see some people in scratchy grey underpants, so it’s not that drastic, i guess.
someone shared the mod on nexus 1-2 weeks ago, but it was taken down a few days later.
iirc fatshark was fine with shirtless people, but gw wasn’t.
tbh, to each his own, but in my humble opinion it makes the game look goofy.

Where did you get this information? considering the materials sold by GW, I doubt of it.
Especially when you consider what was displayed… and also considering that it took more than 2 weeks to revert this.

1 Like

GW has not 1 but 2 entire factions/races who’s main deal is sado-masochism. And most of their units wear skimpy clothing. GW isnt that stingy.

I imagine Fatshark’s problem was that it affected other people and not just you. And thats very very understandable.

1 Like

that’s what was said on reddit 1 year ago when the shirtless bug got patched. sorry if i wasn’t accurate, but i never cared about this. iirc i played once shirtless because we were 4 zealots and had to show our faith, and that was it.
maybe fatshark can comment on this.
still, that mod remained, being shared privately.

You’re overthinking it, it’s not about GW. It’s about them being able to sell you shirtless-adjacent cosmetics like that one ogryn gladiator-like chest piece. Can’t let you change any aspect of your clothes that they might charge you for later.

It’s an old mod that’s realy not being shared anymore beacuse it breaks FS ToS.
It leaks sometimes and isn’t that hard to recreate from the old broken one.
I manage to recreate it and I have a very slim understanding of LUA.
Don’t use it beacuse it changes stuff server side and really don’t wanna get my account banned if they would start doing anything about people breaking the ToS

So dont do it, you could get banned :ghost:
(don’t think FS cares that much unless it becomes to widespread and probably why the people that has it don’t want to share beacuse their exclusive toy could be taken away)

It’s a mod that break the modding rules. Using it does introduce the possible risk of being banned

Blanket statement when they took out the shirtless, there are units that are shirtless in the miniatures.

But Psykers for example shouldn’t

Going shirtless should be an option for those who want it. How else to show off your tats?

Honestly it’s not like most of the other armor you wear is any more protective. We start off in prison garbs. Those aren’t going to protect us.

It’s not something I would choose to wear. I usually want as little skin as possible personally for aesthetics but hey if someone wants to cosplay “let me solo her” and have some zealot going around in underwear, because wearing armor means “they lack faith in the emperor” or because the ogyrn couldn’t find a shirt in his size… Go for it. It’s all good to me.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.