Mk II and Mk VId Lasguns same damage output at 80%

The Mk II and the Mk VId both do 60 damage on an 80% roll post-patch, at least according to the description in-game.

They said the base damage range was upped to 40-64. 64 is most probably the value it would be at 100% damage stat.

40 + 24x0.8 = 59.2, so around 60 sounds like what you’d expect for an 80% damage roll.

Where is the bug here?

I figured that the base damage on an 80% roll was supposed to be different between the two.

My logic says that the Mk VId has a higher rate of fire but on paper has the same damage output per shot as the Mk II which has a lower rate of fire, giving the Mk VId a significant advantage in terms of DPS.

I’m not a numbers guy whatsoever, but it just seemed odd to me when I noticed the numbers were the same in the in-game descriptions.

Well yes. That does seem weird. But are you looking at the actual damage values against each enemy type?

Actual damage values are usually a mix of the damage modifier and stopping power modifier.
Usually it uses stopping power to scale flak, maniac, unyielding and carapace while damage modifier scales unarmed and infested while also setting the base value that they all use to scale from.

Between marks you will have different amounts of scaling on each modifier but they will use the same base numbers, like the base damage in the damage modifier. This means that they all do the same damage, but the lower the rof the higher they might scale.

So low rof may top out at x1.30 dmg scale and the high rof tops at 0.9 instead, but the damage modifier value will still say the same base value at 80%, which would be around 60.

If all scaling under damage and stopping power are exactly the same and the actual damage numbers, click tab to display them I believe, are exactly the same… Then yes, something is probably wrong with one of the marks.

But odds are one of them is doing more or less against some type of monster, or you may have a big difference in stopping power between the weapons, which might make them look even?

1 Like

When inspecting the weapon press tab to look at the actual damage table on different armour types and you’ll find that the damage they do is not as similar as that up front damage numbers suggests. They have different multipliers for different armour types.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. No bugs here then it seems! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.