Weapons help

Is there a way to upload an image here? Can’t find it.

Was going to post an image but guess I’ll have to describe my problem. The gun stats make zero sense.

I am in meat grinder comparing and there is no way the stats are true.

I have a katrael MG xii infantry lasguns with 277 primary vs a vraks mk vii headhunter autogun with 233 primary.

The katrael has better modifiers accros the board. Both weapons have +8% ranged damage to elites perk…

Yet the katrael takes 9-11 shots to down the big elite guy every time where the vraks takes 5-6 shots to take down the same enemy.

How is that possible??

The gun stats are incredibly difficult to understand if this isn’t a bug.

Any help greatly appreciated. TY

There is an actual damage table you can view in weapon stats that shows their damage against different armour types. Looking at the primary damage number on its own without considering armour type modifiers, let alone head shot /crit modifiers won’t tell you much of anything.

As noted by above you cant just look at the initial damage value you get from damage stat and compare them. Nearly every weapon in this game have different damage values vs certain types of enemies or armour.
These are the breakdowns for my kant and vraks just to show the difference.

Kantrael MG XII

Vraks MK VII

If the “big guy” you are talking about is the mauler enemy type then most of the damage you are doing is vs flak armour(or carapace in case of a headshot). Just comparing the raw values here shows why kantral is peforming worse.

Thanks guys, seems there’s a lot more micromanagement I’ve missed… And clearly been playing with the wrong weapon the whole time facepalm.

Sigh.

I wish these stats were better displayed so it didn’t require 3 menu clicks to get to them. A way to compare the ‘real’ damage charts, side by side, for weapons would be useful.

EDIT: This does also mean that lasguns seem to be pointless. Most weapons are now powerful enough to shred through the basic enemies but lasguns are ineffectual on heavy armour… So no reason to choose one over an autogun. Damn. I like the lasguns though. Shame.

1 Like

Don’t forget that you have a primary and a secondary weapon.
The right way to go, at least if you team with random guys, is to cover every enemies type… and especially maniacs and carapace.
Unyielding are ogryns and monsters.

About that, you can get lot of informations here:

1 Like

Lasguns are in bit of a tough spot because the game sped up massively after the talent update so its hard to make use of efficient slow firing guns. It also hurt that kantrael for instance rarely just hits those breakpoints it used to get.
I’ve heard people make use of the faster firing MG IV so you could maybe give that one a go.

2 Likes

I’ve just noticed my lasgun is heaps better at maniacs which are way more common in my experience so it’s definitely a decision I’ve got to make. Totally sucks against elites though.

Yeah you probably want something to counter flak/carapace from your melee slot if you plan on running las guns. Or if you are vet just spam kraks all day.
There are definitely options to play around the weakness but its hard to sell when you still got good breakpoints on autoguns vs the stuff that lasguns are specialized against.

3 Likes

Yeah just use a MK I, or MK V autogun.

Hell, even the graia is better.

MK V in particular is busted atm, but surely we’re going to get a balance patch soon. * takes giant whiff of copium *

Any day now.

That’s the upload button and the preview button

3 Likes

Don’t even need to be that fancy, win + shift + S for screen capture then just cntrl + V to upload.

2 Likes

The game’s indeed a bit fast, and a bit crowded, since Patch 13.
In general, (non-recon) Lasers are good against Maniac (Ragers and some specials) and extremely ammo efficient, precision weapons and ballistics are good on weakspots and poor vs Maniac, shotguns tend to be rather mediocre against monstrosities (but then its easy to hit all pellets against big targets), and revolvers are rather good against them.
The Plasma Gun is good against everything.
All non-AoE ranged weapons struggle against Carapace armour. Keep in mind that veteran has 2 sources of rending and brittle, meaning almost anything he touches can be servicable against every enemy.
I’d love to be able to either see all weapon stats (I hope one day we’ll have a mod for that), or at least directly compare the stats of two weapons.
It took me longer than I care to admit to compare 4 force swords to find which 2 I would sacrifice and which one I would upgrade.
I assume that, given Fatshark shoved the stats-view in on popular demand, they only put in what they had to, and the system in the background is probably too convoluted to be easily fit for public consumption.
Still, one can hope. It’s all we can do.

2 Likes

As other’s have already said its without a doubt that the trusty lasgun is currently one of the weaker ranged options but it still has some value if you really want to run it. The lucius solves the armor problem and the accatran are just bad at the moment. But the Kantrael lasguns in particular are the most “lasgunny lasguns” in my view and are entirely viable, just not incredible. Ironically the MG4 and MGIA are now in a better spot than the MG12. In part due to volume of enemies and inconsistent hit registration. The higher rate of fire on the MG4 and MGIA are less punishing for both of those circumstances and their lower damage base is more favored by veteran talent tree buffs when stretching for breakpoints. Basically the kantraels are adequate for never running out of ammo and blasting away at whatever amuses you. But you’ll NEED to bring an anti-armor solution along side it or you’ll get caught out.

2 Likes

Weapons have different characterstics, including armour penetration and damage vs different enemy types. You can investigate the differences through weapon advanced stats.

arrow
This symbol in the forums is for image/video upload. Should see it when posting.

Edit: Whoops, Danny already got you.

Sadly true. I hope they buff it enough to make it good in all roles, but it’s not right now. The MG4 with the full auto mod (and a keybind to turn it on and off at will) makes for a pretty decent high ammo higher dmg recon replacement though. One of the best weapons in the game for select fire, with the emphasis on the ‘select.’

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.