Mesh streaming for Ryzen users, after over 6 months, is still broken

Issue Description:
This bug has been listed as acknowledged from December last year, but despite being something that is acknowledged by the team, not a single thing has been done to resolve this problem. It’s not even listed as a known issue, so I’ll post it again since I would love to have the game look normal for the first time in my playtime at some point.

Mesh streaming does not work for certain users that have Ryzen CPUs. Objects including weapons, armor and characters appear in horribly low quality with broken geometry that in no way looks correct. The issue can be temporarily solved by disabling mesh streaming in the config file, but doing this makes the game completely unplayable due to low framerate. So the choices to users afflicted with this problem is to play with horrific framerate, or play with most of the models in the game looking broken.

If having low quality models isn’t a big enough issue to be even added into the known bugs section, some weapons even lose their ironsights/crosshairs entirely, making aiming difficult. This is a legitimate gameplay issue now, not just graphics.

Crash Report (If Applicable):
None

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
None

Steps to Reproduce:
Load up the game

Mission Name (If Applicable):
Everywhere in the game.

Platform:
PC, steam store

Player ID:
STEAM_0:0:42633717

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
All times

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:

Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
With mesh streaming enabled:
console-2022-12-08-01.11.30-800a23f1-d215-4c69-96a7-c73d5ebcd872.log (128.0 KB)

With mesh streaming disabled:
console-2022-12-07-19.12.54-0ecea04b-504e-4ce7-b67b-89d848959c7b.log (121.7 KB)

Darktide launcher:
darktide_launcher.log (820 Bytes)

Previous post from last year that was marked as “acknowledged”

2 Likes

Im surprised this issue has not been addressed.

I’m chasing this up. Thank you for letting us know.

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate the help

Still there…
Unbelievable