Melee bad

make dodging and pushing like VT2 and then the game will probably be pretty good ok thanks

Whatā€™s the difference between the pushing and the dodging there and here ?

Dodging doesnā€™t stop stamina regen.

2 Likes

The two main things are that dodging doesnā€™t interrupt stamina regen in VT2, and in VT2 effective dodges recover faster. The stamina part is the more problematic of the two, and thereā€™s more than just that but again those are the big two.

Vermintideā€™s dodge avoids getting hit, Darktideā€™s dodge is part of the movement system that makes the game fun (no, spamming a light attack that moves you faster and canceling it is not engaging movement tech). I honestly think the pure melee side is way overtuned atm for how forgiving it is, this change would be too much.

If you donā€™t want to learn it just use force sword like the rest of the hosers, because I guess infinite dodges is a feature and not a bug there.

7 Likes

what did the creature mean by this

Iā€™m saying that changing the system to be like VT2 would be a ridiculous gutting of what little challenge is left in the game since the last update, and you should just get good instead. Seriously its so easy to carry now, but youā€™re asking for massive global player buffsā€¦breh

3 Likes

ok then make other stuff harder

Part of that is making you have to budget your moves and not go ā€˜hurr elf dodgeā€™ repeatedly on a 0.5s cooldown. You could always play that game?

1 Like

Did you get sad when they fixed the billhook too?

but that same concept no longer applies because

?? keep up

you are a strange rude creature and everything you say is incorrect pls go be a fey trickster elsewhere

ok you are wrong and bad and free to play vt2. the peak of skill lol

To be fair you kind of escalated things by refusing to engage on any of the points that were made and instead basically just going ā€œyeah nah thoughā€.

I agree with @MarxistDictator that the Darktide stamina system makes you actually consider your stamina expenditure far more than VT2 does, and as a result the melee combat feels more thoughtful and less spammy than VT2, where dodging, and stamina use to an extent, feel very ā€œfreeā€. You actually choose between dodging, pushing, or trying to interrupt enemies about to attack you without doing either to conserve/regenerate stamina.

Iā€™d genuinely recommend giving it more time, it took me a while to adjust but all feels pretty good to me now.

5 Likes

Ok so this is just a troll post then and you posted on a forum with zero intent of actual discussion. Good day, hope this thread gets locked cause it sure ainā€™t going anywhere good.

4 Likes

Yes it has infi Dodge but not a great Dodge distance. And a mid at best block

No melee good, you bad. git gud.

1 Like

Deimos enters the chat. And the block thing is trash Iā€™ll agree, since they made it blind you because Deflector is a thingā€¦even when you donā€™t have it. But we have mods for that too.

TL;DR

OP had a hard time learning to play Vermintide.

Figuring out that Darktide is different turns him into a loser state again.

So now we need to revert everything back to be Vermintide-like so he/she/it could have a good time :clown_face:

3 Likes