Massive Slowdown

I don’t get such behavior when I play ANY other game, including something stressful like BF1.

My only explanation that inconsistency either comes from P2P or from EAC. And while EAC I know nothing about and can’t evaluate if it can work this way, P2P can very well cause such problems depending on implementation.

Well, I’ve left that turned on and I haven’t got any stutters for the last 4 games. I’ll update if it happens again.

1 Like

EAC was set to scan in the keep so shouldn’t be impacting gameplay performance and the only way host should be able to negatively effect client is if spawns are being tweaked up.

Thanks! I’ll give that a whirl

Nah, no flaying - I appreciate the response. If it’s not on your end, then that at least narrows the problem down. It’s just frustrating when it happens. Gonna try to figure out more things to change and see if it helps, I guess.

1 Like

The only thing that slows down the framerate for me is:

1. Dwarf spam-cannons on hordes up close
  2. Wizard fire effects on hordes up close

I can even feel my weapon swinging more slowly.

After changing this and playing many games it did indeed help a lot!

2 Likes

Omg, thank you so much Hedge. This managed to fix my problem.

1 Like

:raised_hands:

4 Likes

I’ve set it to small network packets, even tried different network speeds but I still have the problem, and it seems to be worse and worse each time I play. And the interesting thing is that I haven’t had this problem before :thinking:
No FPS drops, just major “mouse locking” issues.

1 Like

Some more notes for small network packets:

As client, it helps with lag-related issues a lot.

As host, it gives all my clients lag problems, I end up needing to switch it off while hosting or else it’s unplayable for just about everyone who joins.

Unfortunately, even lowering things like textures to low hasn’t helped my problem. I still get regular frame slow-down, as low as nine fps, during some hordes. Not all. It’s very random. I almost can’t play Legend - I feel like I’m just getting carried. It occurs when I’m hosting, when I’m client, when I’m just playing alone with bots. It did not do this before, so I don’t know why it is now.

I’ve had the same problem since around 1.0.5, and thought it was due to EAC but testing on modded realms didn’t fix it. I tried rolling back my AMD drivers to Feburary in hopes it was a drivers problem but that didn’t help either. Fiddling around in settings I finally found a setting that seems to work (played all evening and it hasn’t shown up yet), limiting framerates to 60.

My FPS is usually around 70-80 in the keep, and if I put the limit on the frame rates to 90 the slowdown appears but it seems that if you have it set lower than the FPS you’re getting it solves the slowdown.

I hope this will help you.

EDIT: I realise I might have posted in a thread about a slighty different issue than what I had. My issue is what the game slowed down (without fps drop), and then sped up again over the course of about a second. This was especially noticible when running or using fast weapons such as Brace of Pistols. As in this thread: http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/video-lag-has-been-intolerable-since-balance-patch/21707

2 Likes