Make Every Shot count

You right. Shroud is a Mandalorian ahue

Yeah do it with randoms & do it on heresy[I am not even considering damnation as doing it there would be even more insulting to others tat you dont do the job you meant to do because penance]… yeah you know in those 30+ matches was doing exact the thing shooting on big blobs on heresy & you now what every time it was like random charge of plasma going to air or the targets got obliterated… the only other way I think would be doable is :

step 1 : chose a map with less spawn modifier preferably.[less elites less ammo replenish]
step 2 : die at start to get only 50% ammo after revive[less ammo less chances to miss]
step 3 : dont miss … “& or find shielded ogryn & waste your ammo on his shield :P” *[edited]
step 4 : be a dumb sharp that thinks is zealot for the rest of the game…
step 5 : miss last shot because some dumbass shooted faster & evac & be happy that you almost did it… almost xD

…that was 1 times to much for me… to try it more ; I “almost” completed it in like 30+ try when I didn’t even care what team was doing & if I have a team or not & yes someone screwed me up at end just like this penance is… you know how much time wasted it is?

Then let me see any dev do this… post in on YT or twitch & then we can talk.
I got my free armor from not being hit by the stupid disconnects but still i completed so many maps without being hit that I would earn it fev times by this time … but this one…nope.

They need to take a hard look at penances that are designed to reward bad behavior.

It’s really weird. In VT2 all of the challenges seem to be designed to encourage you to excel at your character. They may push you to try different weapons, but they make sense… But the idea of never taking a shot unless it is 100% safe pushes you to play poorly. Especially when it also pushes you towards using a white gun to minimize your carried ammo.

It would be better if it was challenging you to have like 90% accuracy imo.

3 Likes

What they do to fix it is their problem heh since they made the mistake in the first place. I expect they have already got their hands full trying to fix game breaking bugs and crashes or doing the crafting system who know’s.

I’d literally be fine with 95% or even 97% accuracy, or if shotguns and collateral kills allowed accuracy to go above 100%

We’ve been working closely with our community support team on how you all feel about penances in the game, and some of the pain points surrounding them. There’s been a lot of feedback to pore through, but we’ve found there’s a disconnect between how we phrase the requirements of some penances and the criteria to achieve them, making them more frustrating for players than we intended. Based on the feedback received from the support team, we’re currently working through solutions to make penances smoother and more enjoyable for players.

:crossed_fingers:

i would say in a way that isnt behaving in negative ways like for eg taking a small ammo gun and not taking ammo.

yeah i think you should but i do think its a very badly setup achievement so it would come with an apology :wink:

i guess its just a genrational thing i see these as things that are meant to be incredibly difficult and should be long term goals and its fine if only a few % ever get it.

but the attitude nowadays is after a week everything should be done by everyone instantly and you should game cheese and cheat because its not about the challenge its just about getting the cosmetic its had its value stripped its just a better skin now. a participation reward if you will.

i do agree its a poorly constructed challenge

Doubt it’s generational. Unless we talk about genereational differences pre nintendo 8-bit and post nintendo 8-bit.

Long term achivements should be challenges and goal that do take a long time to do.
Doing ANY challenge is about figuring out how to do it, that’s part of the fun process. Which is why they also have to be made with that in mind.

A Challenge I’m not supposed to think about or try and aim to get isn’t a challenge, it’s just something that will happen in due time. People have memed about achivements since it’s inception. Making jokes about “Logging in” achievements and such, things like that doesn’t constitute a challenge or achievement.

Make every shot count is by all means a challenge but I don’t think I agree with your stance on that I shouldn’t do anything to up my chances in getting, when that’s the fun part of a challenge for me. I don’t think you should cheat it, by disconnecting and such, hence I didn’t do it, not that I knew of it’s existence. But you certainly should plan for it, that’s what makes it fun.

Think your complaints of that everything should be done within a week is also misguided. Most complaints I hear about these challenges isn’t that they are impossible or hard(not saying it’s non-existant, there’s plenty of it around and in this thread), it’s that they are a detriment to teamwork. The Psyker penance about killing a monstrosity alone isn’t “hard”, it’s an incredibly easy penance, it’s just bad in a team game since the others should go afk. I did try and help a person get it, so I know how that went. standing around hitting a random mob here and there.

Same with this achievement, it’s detriment to teamwork and good vet play. Then add the difficulty on that and you have to keep being a detriment to teamwork and good vet play. That’s where most frustrations are coming from.

Lets say people aren’t trying to up their chances, they just play. The few that will get it, which will be VERY VERY few, lets face it. Having 1000+ ammo and not missing any in a chaotic game like this isn’t feasible to even the best of players since enemies can die by your teammates hands before you shoot. To prevent that to happen you have to take safe shots, which I shouldn’t do since that’s a detriment and bad play. The ones that WILL get it the “legit way” has nothing to be proud of since that’s just straight up luck compared to someone who tried to up their chances for it.

The Ogryn challenge about charging other Ogryn enemies are a prime example. I think it’s more prideful to actually try and get it by gathering those enemies and then knock them down than just randomly encounter 6 of them in perfect position and charge and get them that way. Problem is, doing it the challenging way is, once again, detriment to teamwork and generally bad play. So if I understand you correctly I shouldn’t do this because that’s gaming it. I should get it long term without trying to go for it. Even in a team setting that’s just bad play in general. Which is the crux for almost all of these “hard” penances.

Having these challenges as a long term goal but at the same time you shouldn’t try to get them is kind of in clash with each other. At least from my perspective, because it’s something I want to work for… just not get eventually.

bump

The issue I’m having with this is I will get 100% accuracy, make sure I’m down to zero ammo and then there will be a special or elite on the way to extration and teammate kills it so I get bullet back. It’s so frustrating because that “perk” is base, I can’t turn it off and I can’t get a full team of 4 to play with on comms to help by not killing the enemy at the end. This is literally so stupid. The pennace would be challenging enough if it was just 100% accuracy below 50% ammo left or something.

1 Like

Yes. It is always a great idea to punish EVERYONE for the mistake of someone else (the devs)…

It seems to me that the problem with this achiv has three main points:

1. you have to complete it on heresy difficulty level,
  2. you have to use up all your ammunition,
  3. the veteran class renews ammunition when killing an elite.

If this achievement was moved to a difficulty level one step lower, it would not be so frustrating, because even with a worse approach, missions on the malic difficulty level, are rather possible to complete, if you hit a group that has some experience. On the heresy level, if someone decides to choose a weapon with less firepower plus will use it much less willingly, then automatically the group becomes much more vulnerable, especially for attacks from specials, who on heresy spam without any sense (flooding us with elites is acceptable, but what happens on heresy in the case of specials sometimes crosses all limits, when for the whole team there are suddenly two mutants, a flamethrower, a sniper and on top of that a bunch of elites). Another issue is that we have to use up all the ammunition, this automatically narrows the pool of weapons that will potentially be used, and this in turn translates into the efficiency of the entire team on this senseless difficulty level. The third issue is that the veteran regenerates ammunition when killing the elite, who spam on heresy on a massive scale, and sometimes there will be two or three at the very end whose kill will regenerate ammunition and spoil the whole effort.
I think this penance should look more or less like this:
-at the end of the mission have an accuracy of 70 - 90% (you will still have to be careful where and who you shoot at, but an accidental shot/miss will not ruin the whole effort),
-at the end of the mission, your remaining ammunition must be no more than 25% of the maximum amount (to make sure someone doesn’t finish the mission after one accurate shot, and complete the rest of the mission with melee),
-you can only replenish ammunition through the veteran’s skill (I think this should make the name of the penance appropriate - although I don’t think anyone will choose to collect ammunition anyway when trying to beat this challenge).

the problem is its not designed well, there are cheeses and exploits people can use to cheat .

i doubt its perfect but off the top of my head it should of been something like , heresy + dont die, win .
Earn A points per hit, loose B points per miss earn XXXX by the end.

While working on this I learned you don’t need to worry about any ammo regained via special kills. If you emptied all your ammo to zero, then switch to your melee weapon and never switch back, it won’t count any new ammo gains via your vet class feature against you.

I tryed to get this achivement yesterday with very negative results. First off i have to do it with randmos, as none of my friends play this game any longer due to its state and some of them feel Fat Shark is now a ****** company and will never buy or play anything from them again.

So in my attempts yesterday i had exectly 0 rounds that had 4 Players, all rounds had minimum of 1 bot, and in nearly all rounds 1-2 people left as soon as they realised what im doing, funny is one of them was another sharpshooter how allready had the helmet. So trying this with Bots on Heresy is not possible.

As for the weapons to use, my favorite Gun at the moment is the Kantarel MG12 Lasgun, witch i can not use for this becaus ist has nearly 400 shots, i am no pro gamer god, so i WILL miss one of those 400 shots and it would be a real pain to get it empty in the first place, so i tried Plasma Gun and Revolver and even with those i missed, especially if i aim at an enemy and the moment i shoot someone other kills it.

And then it felt like i played like a real pile of ****, trying to aim all those shots 100% left me very unprotected as i tried hardest not to miss as to go in cover and and i died often, witch is funny, as soon as you get rescued you start with half ammo again…wow and i hurted the team even more. Another thing was i emptied my Revolver or Plasma gun when it was “save” to hit, but there were some stress situations with some specials i propably had taken down in seconds with my Lasgun but were either out of range for the Plasma gun or i had no ammo left in the Revolver (or i didnt want to risk missing in this stressfull situaion) and they went berserk on the team before i or someone else could stop them in melee.

Antoher situation was, i was playing with a zelot and our 2 teammates (one of them a Bot) were down and due to rescure and we were at a good pace, than he placed an ammo box just for me because i had no ammo left and my character loudly announced so, i was touched but sadly had to explain to him what i was doing. Cant tell if he was happy or not with that but 2 min later we all died anyway.

I get it that some penances should bet challanging to get but this one feels not good especially in not complete random teams. And on top of that there are 2 cosmetics bound to this one, so 1 out of 3 helemts you cant get for free is behind that wall. And its the one you get rubbed in your face every time you are in the hub because ALL guards have it…

1 Like

Dunno why but it reminded me of this:
guitar-hero-fags

This penance still sucks

I still hate it

Getting angrier…

Funny how everyone still suggest dcing and rejoining before exiting the mission, bollocks.
There’s no legit way of getting this penance apart from cheesing it.

I eventually got this done with the shotgun and a very very nice team of randoms. Including me it was 3 vets and a psyker. Me and one of the vets said we wanted the achievement, so the psyker and remaining vet agreed to kill all the specials and elites for us, and were careful stay outside of our coherency so we didn’t get ammo back when they killed elites/specials. At the end of the mission the psyker stayed outside coherency and brain burst the elites/specials so we could run to the exit lift without killing any.

It’s nuts that you need a whole team of friendly players to help you AVOID KILLING THE ENEMY and STAY AWAY FRON TEAMMATES. Who came up with that stupid idea… Seriously.

Edit just to add, the psyker and vet also kited some bulwarks so we could empty most of our ammo reserve into their shields to help out. That psyker and vet were pogchamps and if you read this (you know who you are), thank you again.

Yeh I’ve also managed it but it still should be hot fixed!

I also used a shotgun but different group of random people. One ogryn 2 preacher strong melee group on a low intensity spawn of the new map they put in with the satellite dish at the end.

Good luck all you guys still stuck on this I found it really frustrating and irritating to do. I hope they change it in the future sometime for your sake lol.

Advice for pre nerfed (hopefully) make every shot count.

Use a shotgun. Its actually not a bad weapon you can shoot it from distance and it’ll still hit practice a bit with it in the arena check how far away you can fire from and still get hit reg. You’ll be surprised I was.

Don’t shoot at Armor your team mates a$$ anything that’s about to die.

At the start of the run stay away from your team and work on burning your ammo but don’t rush! there is plenty of time. If you shoot from further away you can burn two shots into one guy rather than blowing him in half in one hit from up close.

Don’t stray too far away from your team or you will eat all the random encounter mobs like dogs and berserker’s. If your too far away the game almost always targets you with them it seems. My brother says left for dead was the same.

Your primary targets are un aggrod mobs or the big monstrosities even the hordes. As soon as you burn your ammo put the gun away don’t use anything but your melee weapon for the rest of the match. If you draw that gun again you will fail. Remember not to use your special ability because it automatically draws your gun.

If you don’t draw your gun again at the time of posting this extra ammunition earned by your passive always on ability wont be counted just get to 00/000 and go melee.

Good luck

@devs this challenge is one of the worst things ive ever done in 20 years of gaming online lol

3 Likes