Change "Make every shot count"

Seriously this achievment is awful, twice i’ve managed to get ALL OF MY SHOTS to hit in spite of the janky movement of the AI, and in the end someone killed an elite, it refunded my ammo, and then i din’t get the achievment.

Please be reasonable, make it 90%.

9 Likes

being reasonable would be removing the penance from the game completely together with most of psyker and ogryn penances.

6 Likes

The best mission for this is the Smelter one I found.

At the end the only elites you get are the ragers, and after 4 of them (I think). No more spawn. And no more elites spawn.

Hordes keep coming though and you have a long hallway to the extraction. I suggest emptying the last few shots there.

No risk of the last second ammo regen you mention.

Don’t get me wrong the penances are bs most of them at least. I’m lucky I got the take no hp damage for free by entering a game right before entering the plane to extract.

Think they changed it to “full mission” in release though because apparently it has to be a pain.

Yeah the problem is largely that in my region nobody even plays heresy and above, the fact that i managed to do it twice could only be through divine intervention, since i have to manually invite level 30 players, and then hope they are decent enough to get to the end (as well as not miss a single shot).
Alas they probably din’t know my ammo would get refunded when they killed the elite mobs.

1 Like

That sucks. Hope you’ll get it soon or they change these to be more teamwork friendly.

I forgot to mentione that I found the plasma blaster to be optimal with its low ammo count, multiple ammo per charge and large hitbox.

Yeah thats the weapon i’ve used to do it

I would also like to formally weigh in. Not 5 minutes ago, I managed to get to the end of a game without missing.

I wasn’t even near the extraction point, and as I was attempting to shoot my last 15 or so rounds, the game just suddenly ended as if I was in the extraction point itself.

Let’s just say, that felt extremely not okay…

3 Likes

They should change it to like 80% accuracy … one miss by lag , someone else kiling the thing you aimed at or alike & all hard work goes “puff”.

2 Likes

I don’t feel they should, strictly, be removed. What I do feel is that every class penance should follow 4 strict criteria.

1. Scale in difficulty from Easy (Sedition+) to Moderate (Malice) to Hard (heresy).
  2. Teach the player something interesting about the class, like a new way to use skills, interesting combinations/interactions, or simply task the player with higher efficiency play without being stupid (E.G. make every shot count).
  3. Require 0 coordination with the team in order to accomplish.
  4. Not actively grief the team or be able to be griefed by a teammate that does their job.

There can be weird niche challenge penances that require heavy coordination, maybe unlock a fancy border for them. There can be hard penances that don’t require coordination like Flawless Execution.

These do not belong in class penances, at all. And the classes with the most ‘Actively griefing/griefed by the team’ penances are Psyker, Ogryn, and Veteran. Technically, even Zealot has it (Be at 1 wound yada).

Players shouldn’t be stressing to do the cosmetic achievements for their class. To unlock the helmets. These should be rites of passage, not vessels of frustration. They should be used to exclusively teach new ways to play the class. Something like soloing a boss shouldn’t be a class penance. It should be a special challenge mode or an offensive penance that awards a silly portrait, maybe.

The penances just aren’t fun as is.

6 Likes

there was anotehr thread with this complaint. so to be able to complain at FatShark twice i will copypasta

ive been playing since beta day 1 nonstop and already have 150 hours on the game, most of them with sharpshooter. personally, doing the achievement legit is basically impossible, lag and finesse of an enemy hitbox getting right out of your line of sight when trying a follow-up shot, or that happening unpredictably when a team-mate shoots the foe aside. it has to also be done on heresy which is already broken and ridiculous.

its a bad penance and the requirements tells me fatshark is out of touch with their own gameplay loop

edit: the info above isnt my whole complaint, ill elaborate more

above points combined with:
-sharpshooters free ammo on special kill perk sneaking up on you when doing something else (this happens because friends in coherency give you ammo too when they kill a special). i can’t begin to tell you how easy it is to set and forget when it comes to fighting other foes with your melee and OOPS guess i have to do the whole song and dance of potentially missing even one shot with the same risks as mentioned above with you or other players making an enemy jostle out of the way when they get shot.

it is the incessant loop of going back and forth of putting the whole penance on the line without any input from you, and if you so much as have 1 shot left or miss one round, its over. this peneance is bloody awful and it either needs to be made slightly easier (seriously, if it were 90% accuracy requirement none of my complaints would apply because of the margin of error allowing me to miss at least one or two, or dump my mag if i have to in a boss or horde or something near the end) or rework the penance altogether. its bad, FatShark

2 Likes

Can someone confirm that this penance isn’t bugged?

Because I’ve now done it twice with the Plasma Gun. I’m sure that I didn’t miss a single shot, yet it clearly states that I haven’t completed the penance.

And why can’t we have some stats? I mean, at least give us an accuracy stat, so that I can confirm that I didn’t miss a shot.

Edit: And I was in both games from the lobby to extraction. No deaths.

1 Like

I wonder if the problem is Plasma Gun having passing through enemy targets? Does it count as a miss if it hits a wall after cleaving through enemies?

I haven’t tried for this one yet, but as others have said, it’s pretty hacky with how bad the hit registration in this game can be. There have been plenty of times I’ve shot an enemy in the face and heard the headshot audio cue only to not have the enemy register being hit in the face and keep on running at me.

I got it using the shotgun by disconnecting and reconnecting towards the end of the espionage mission at the elevator. (Editing here to say I meant the Elevator to the bridge in the middle of the mission, not the escape elevator)
I had tried it before that with the Plasma gun hoping the pass through would allow it to be over 100% accuracy but didn’t get it, so I think the game only checks for a single hit per shot.
I would imagine that since I got it with the shotgun, which has multiple pellets per shot, the plasma should be possible.

2 Likes

I am getting tired of this penance immensely
everyone in here has good ideas and any change from the current state of the penance would be positive
more teamwork oriented!
I am wordfiltered from using language that correctly displays my frustration and anger in trying to get this penance
WHY IS FATSHARK NOT RESPONDING

[quote]WHY IS FATSHARK NOT RESPONDING
[/quote]

Too busy planning for the next set of cosmetic items.

I joke, but it wouldn’t surprise me at this point.

They do that in VT2 as well. The difference is, VT2 is a fully functional game that, SOMEHOW is less grindy and frustrating than DT’s item system. And VT2’s itemization system is one of the most complained about things in the game (Mostly the method for acquiring reds being completely random).

just make it so that as soon as your ammo hits zero with 100% accuracy you get the achievement

3 Likes

It is hard enough to achieve 100% accuracy, but added the with 0 ammo requirement makes this practically impossible when you have a perk that regens ammo on elite kills.
At the very least remove the 0 ammo requirement. Most if not all players from what I have been reading on reddit get this penance done using the disconnect/reconnect method which requires no skill at all which subverts the point of getting a achievement.

that is the main problem with this penance everyone who has got it, did it using the disconnect method, and those who say they didn’t are probably lying about it.

I heard they patched it on release. Yesterday, some random asked us to help him do it using the disconnect trick at the end of the match. We waited for him, but in the end, he didn’t get the penance. Either he missed his very last shot and not realize it or they actually patched it out. Gonna need someone to confirm.

I’d check it, but I FINALLY was able to get it with the help of a premade. Did the cryo-rods mission and they let me use up all of my revolver ammo on the last horde by the Valkyrie.