MainWindow invocation error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:
Even after i followed the steps, Fatshark recommended for launcher issues (https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/7709665369501--PC-How-to-Resolve-Darktide-Launcher-Issues), i cannot launch the game on Steam. After every start over steam i get the MainWindow invocation error window. I can start the game over the Launcher Application in the files and over the start_protected_game application, but i cannot log in because of an back end error.

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
MainWindow invocation error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Start Darktide over the Steam Launcher
  2. Crash and Error Display

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11/17/2022, 20:52PM] [CET]

Reproduction Rate:
darktide_launcher.log (15.0 KB)
!

Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]
Screenshot (149)

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-17-20.05.26-607ff771-f945-4d3a-8717-5465b2270af5.log (24.9 KB)
console-2022-11-17-20.06.17-68e0d37a-83c4-4a37-8519-930a0f9ef702.log (16.3 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (2.4 KB)

Upload user_settings.config:

Is there also a crash report, with a long ‘GUID’ string displayed, that you could paste in here please?

where should i find it?

It should pop-up right after the crash! :slight_smile:

there was no popup i can only dismiss the window i posted as a screenshot and steam shows me, that the game is no longer running.

I wonder if its an issue loading the user’s profile in windows. German Windows has C:\users in a very different directory structure. I’ve seen this be an issue in other games

i fixed my problem with a coplete reset of my system

When you say ‘complete reset’ do you mean you reinstalled windows ?

Yes reinstall of Windows