Maelstrom Rewards

Currently, aside from Penances, the only reason to play Maelstroms are for the challenge they provide. The extra Imperibux don’t matter much.

I was thinking that perhaps they could improve the Emperor’s Gift reward - always drop a weapon with perfect 380 base stats.

2 Likes

cool idea

yeah…

I think the hardest difficulty in the game should be free from the taint of reward-chasing. There simply must be a place that is only appealing to the top-level players and players who wish to push their skills to the limit.

16 Likes

I agree with Badwin, Maelstorm would be full of players, there just for the loot, that don’t belong.

5 Likes

Top rewards for top difficulty only really works, if there is gatekeeping involved.

As stated above, it would otherwise lead to greedy bad players ruining the game for everyone.

2 Likes

they didn’t add more rewards to keep people from joining hoping for that hard carry.

2 Likes

we get more dockets

1 Like

I’m biased because I think VT2 Cata community was one of the best QP experiences I’ve ever had, but yeah hard no on extra rewards for me. Top difficulty should be there purely for challenge, mixing in any form of progress with it really heavily dilutes that purpose.

3 Likes

That would push a lot of people, who probably shouldn’t be in auric, into auric.

2 Likes

Honestly regular Maelstrom should be where the rewards go.

Top difficulty should absolutely be for crazy people who sweat through the whole thing and have fun with that - adding in randoms would dilute the experience there.

3 Likes

As others said, I think the hardest difficulty just needs to be left for the sweats and the true challengers. Leave the farmers at most one step below for efficient rewards.

Even if that’s like the hardest difficulty maybe giving better rewards but with a 90% fail clear rate.

5 Likes

It’s not that I disagree with what everyone’s saying in this thread, but I’m also wondering if we’re playing the same game. The average auric maelstrom I play has 2 fresh 30 newbies in it that don’t know what’s going on but clicked on it because it shows a high docket reward.
It does infact already offer better rewards in that sense and it does already attract people who play it simply for the reward and end up leaving after going down twice (or staying in and ending with 21 downs, 7 deaths)

Although I honestly wouldn’t want it any other way, it’s a fun added extra challenge. In that sense I hope they make it even more rewarding with the itemization overhaul

I do think it’s a misstep offering more for maelstrom honestly. I don’t want people getting frustrated playing a difficulty they ain’t ready for. Maybe they learn they’re not ready for it after playing there and drop down.

4 Likes

Regular maelstrom can be any diff from 3 to 5.
How would that work?

Great suggestion, but it’s a pretty common request and it also lessens the grind which I don’t FatShark wants to reduce. It’s their retention mechanism.

As a sweaty Maelstrom enjoyer myself, I fully agree with @Badwin on this one!

The problem with putting more rewards in Auric Maelstrom is not so much about people not meant out for the difficulty queuing up because you have to start somewhere, but rather that it would create a situation where you basically “waste time” unless you play Auric Maelstrom solely from a resource point, and I am of the opinion that rewards should be equal in every difficulty level so people don’t have to feel pressured to play something they are not comfortable with.

Auric Maelstrom should not be akin to World of Warcraft’s Mythic raids, which include story cutscenes restricted to the highest difficulty, which 99% of players cannot complete/see, because this is a bad way to design a game.

Make all difficulties provide the same benefits so that people can play whichever difficulty they like without being penalized by difficulty level.

2 Likes

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

1 Like

I was thinking that perhaps they could improve the Emperor’s Gift reward - always drop a weapon with perfect 380 base stats.

I’m not trying to flex but Auric Maelstrom missions aren’t really that hard especially with easy modifiers like hounds one. You would have perfect weapons in literally days. Not even Vermintide made it that simple to obtain red weapons

1 Like

Hahahah. Good luck. Also that should be a grey item.

rewards should just be better overall instead, enough of this nonsense

1 Like